Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerrang Tour 2012

Options
  • 28-09-2011 11:34am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Kerrang! have unveiled the lineup and ticket details for their annual UK jaunt, taking place in February 2012.

The tour will be co-headlined by New Found Glory and Sum 41, while Letlive and While She Sleeps joining the line-up as support acts.

American rockers New Found Glory will release their seventh studio LP, 'Radiosurgery' next month. The pop-punk five-piece will release the follow-up to their 2009 album ‘Not Without A Fight’ on Monday October 3rd, and this tour will give fans a rare chance to catch the band live in the UK performing tracks from 'Radiosurgery'. New Found Glory performed at the 2011 Reading & Leeds Festivals this year, also selling out three low-key headlining shows prior to their festival appearances.

After a four-year break from the studio, Sum 41 crashed back onto the scene with 'Screaming Bloody Murder' last year. The more personal direction taken by frontman Deryck Whibley since his divorce from pop rock starlet Avril Lavigne has produced some of the Ontario pop punks’ most powerful material to date, which easily sits alongside classic anthems like 'In Too Deep', 'Motivation', 'Still Waiting' and 'Fat Lip'.

Progressive hardcore quintet letlive. are one of the bands to watch in 2012. Off the back of the critical acclaim of their album 'Fake History', the Los Angeles quintet are steadily earning a reputation as one of the best live bands in the world right now. Frontman Jason Aalon Butler was recently voted number one in a list of Kerrang!’s top 50 greatest rock stars in the world today – catch them live to see why.

Opening each night are Sheffield post-hardcore five-piece While She Sleeps. Fresh from a headline tour with support from Bury Tomorrow and Feed The Rhino, this Steel City quintet are ones to watch. Their mini-album, 'The North Stands For Nothing', boasts eight pulverising reasons why they’re an exciting addition to the bill.

Kerrang! Tour Sponsored by Relentless Energy Drink tour dates for February 2012 are as follows:

Sunday Feb 5th - Dublin Academy
    Tuesday Feb 7th - Southampton Guildhall
    Wednesday Feb 8th - Norwich U.E.A.
    Friday Feb 10th - Bristol O2 Academy
    Saturday Feb 11th - Cardiff The Great Hall
    Sunday Feb 12th - Newcastle O2 Academy
    Monday Feb 13th - Glasgow O2 ABC
    Wednesday Feb 15th - Manchester Academy
    Thursday Feb 16th - Birmingham O2 Academy
    Friday Feb 17th - London Roundhouse

Wish they would just change the venue for Tripod instead of the Academy

Onsale to General Public

Start: Fri 30/09/11, 09:00
    €26

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

That's a great lineup there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yup ive been dying to see Sum 41 for years

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Sum 41 put on a fantastic show and have only recently dug out New Found Glory, so perfect timing for me :P

Will be there with bells on :D

Im just hoping they do the usual and add a 2nd date for Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Yeah I cannot wait! Do people think this will be a fast seller? Just debating when to get tickets!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Yeah I cannot wait! Do people think this will be a fast seller? Just debating when to get tickets!

I'd think it'll sell fairly fast, there's usually a second date announced though.

Yea a lot of my friends seem to be interested in this for the 1st time ha. Think its the fact Sum 41 are on the tour , if they add a second night i hope its a Saturday (since the K Tour attracts a younger crowd) plus i can go drinking after :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Purchased my ticket :D

Mentioned it to some folk and got "No Way? Sum 41!! I'm there!" so shall be fun, especially as taking some younger siblings.

I'd probably even get a second ticket if it was announced for the Sat, for the fun times of gigging and going out, minus younger siblings ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Dori Dude

Purchased my ticket too.

Don't listen to Sum 41 as much as I would have in around 2002 - 2003 but would love to see them live. Quite the fan of NFG - Only really discovered them about a year or more ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Got up at 9am to buy tickets :D

€26 for Sum 41 and NFG is the best value ticket ever! Have been waiting years to see Sum 41. Also I really like the Academy as a gig venue, it'll be great to see them on such a small stage!

• Advertisement

Got mine =D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

really really cant wait for this iv seen nfg in tripod ,such an amazing gig, iv met all of them and they are m ost decents lads going which makes me like them even more :)

never got a chance o see sum 41 so should be good

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Got up at 9am to buy tickets :D

€26 for Sum 41 and NFG is the best value ticket ever! Have been waiting years to see Sum 41. Also I really like the Academy as a gig venue, it'll be great to see them on such a small stage!

20 euro for a ticket to the Revival Tour last week was much better value.:D

Will probably pop along to this, not a fan of Sum 41, but like NFG.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Electric Red

Very tempted by the Sums alright, never a huge NFG fan but for some nostalgia for my "youth" i think i have to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Turtyturd wrote: »
    20 euro for a ticket to the Revival Tour last week was much better value.:D

Will probably pop along to this, not a fan of Sum 41, but like NFG.

Just about beats it yeah, you win :P. But Sum 41 and NFG must both pocket waaay more than that normally, they'd probably cost that much on their own sure!. €13 for each one? Grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

26 euro a ticket! I think I'll have to scrape the pennies together I have always wanted to see Sum 41.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

This is the First year I'd go to this tour an it's the day before the mocks :/ iv never listened to nfg. But I wanna see while she sleeps and letlive again. Iv never seen sum 41 either.

Due to popular demand The Kerrang! Tour sponsored by Relentless Energy Drink has added a second date at Dublin’s The Academy on Saturday 4 February. Hitting the stage will be New Found Glory and Sum 41 co-headlining with two amazing new bands in the might letlive. And While She Sleeps. Tickets go on sale tomorrow at 09:00. Kerrang! Relentless Energy Drink Tour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Just booked my tickets there now. Really looking forward to this..

Just bought tickets for the saturday night :D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Going he Sunday but would prefer to go the Saturday. ah but so glad to finally be seeing Sum 41

Going he Sunday but would prefer to go the Saturday. ah but so glad to finally be seeing Sum 41

Im the same , cant wait to see Sum 41 . Would love if it was an older crowd (18 and up)

Im the same , cant wait to see Sum 41 . Would love if it was an older crowd (18 and up)
    Same myself, thats why I would prefer to go the Saturday, propeganda afterwards :P

Same myself, thats why I would prefer to go the Saturday, propeganda afterwards :P

Ah right , shall not be near the Academy after the gig so :D . Depending on who goes will prob end up going back to Kildare unless a few of us stay around for drinks after. Ive loadsa time to decide anyways

Well its been ages since iv been to it, I hear its mainly underagers these days. Feck a place to rink is a a place to the drink, I dont expect to be in any state to care :P

Ha yea im just not a fan of the music they play at Propaganda . Might head across to the gypsy rose

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

well the "crew" im going with are between 21 and 26 :D old school fans, reminiscing on the millencolin,sugercult,goldfinger days , haha so glad to see new found again, i was at the tripod gig and was there early in the day , met the whole band and they spent alot of time with us, and chad,steve and ian asked us to come starbucks with them (once we showed them where the nearest one was) they were the terms, such cool guys!!

A V A wrote: »
    well the "crew" im going with are between 21 and 26 :D old school fans, reminiscing on the millencolin,sugercult,goldfinger days , haha so glad to see new found again, i was at the tripod gig and was there early in the day , met the whole band and they spent alot of time with us, and chad,steve and ian asked us to come starbucks with them (once we showed them where the nearest one was) they were the terms, such cool guys!!

Ye are aloud to enjoy the gig :):):) .

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ciarajl

The day this concert is on, 4th February, will be 9 years to the day since Sum 41 last played in Dublin. Last time, they were in the Point in 2003.

Best night of my life, cause i met the love of my life at that gig.

Absolutly cannot wait for this! :-):p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Got a ticket for this, not hugely into either band but a load of my friends are going and I'd say it'll be a laugh

Advertisement