Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerrang Tour 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The green and red

Mr.S wrote: »
    Folks remember you can't buy or sell (or trade) tickets on boards.

Use adverts.ie or toutless.com for all of that:)

The Green and red both your posts where deleted because of this, read the forum charter and please don't advertise tickets again.
    Sorry didn't realise wont happen again

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Sum 41 are no longer on the tour
    rontman Deryck Whibley has been suffering from a recurring back injury and will not be well enough to perform on the 11-date UK and Ireland tour, which is set to kick off on February 4 at Dublin Academy.

"I feel really terrible about letting down the fans," says Deryck. "I injured my back about eight months ago and the doctors are saying that I could be in a wheelchair. So, as much as I wanted to be able to do it, I've got to look at reality, and for the first time I've got to listen to somebody else and not just myself. We're all really upset about this; we've had such a great relationship with our UK fans. We were really looking forward to this tour."

These guys are taking their spot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Sum 41 are no longer on the tour

These guys are taking their spot

REFUND

Ah i seen the Blackout at Oxegen and have to say they know how to get a crowd going imo (obviously no replacement for Sum 41) .

Presume if they do a tour to make up for this they will skip Ireland :mad::mad: . Surely the fact both nights are sold out it would mean they are popular enough over here even without NFG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

I was going to buy tickets just for Sum 41, glad I didn't now. I would be annoyed if I did, I'm sure there are plenty of people who bought tickets for them alone. Wonder if they can get a refund?

• Advertisement

dee. wrote: »
    I was going to buy tickets just for Sum 41, glad I didn't now. I would be annoyed if I did, I'm sure there are plenty of people who bought tickets for them alone. Wonder if they can get a refund?

I hope we do I have no interest in the other bands

I doubt you will get a refund tbh , if the tour was cancelled or postponed then you could get a refund . But since they have replaced Sum 41 its all systems go.

The main reason for me getting the ticket also was for Sum 41 and NFG were a bonus but im still gonna go

I doubt you will get a refund tbh , if the tour was cancelled or postponed then you could get a refund . But since they have replaced Sum 41 its all systems go.

The main reason for me getting the ticket also was for Sum 41 and NFG were a bonus but im still gonna go

that seems bad form though, I am going with 5 people who all only wanna see sum 41, wouldn't have picked up a ticket otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Oh poop :(
    Friend just texted about this.

Feel sorry for our Derek, hopefully his back pain recovers, he's over partying now since his divorce!

I've seen the Blackout, they're alright, proper band I would have loved if I were a teenager... they're no Sum 41 though. And since it was kinda a band from ten years ago, I woulda hoped Kerrang would put on another punky/poppy band that were popular at that time.
    Oh yeah, Blink 182 are too good for that lark :P

Meh at The Blackout being headliners, NFG should at least get above them. Shame no refunds, as I'm going both nights (only for The Sums though) #
    But I'm sure some current young kids would buy Blackout tickets...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

who is going to be headlining now? I'm hoping it's NFG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Sum 41 were a headline band though, so a refund should be offered.

Heck if you went to any show and the headline band cancelled, well there's your refund.
    It being "co-headline" shouldn't change this tbh...

Was going to be the 10th anniversary of sum 41's last irish show....in comparison the blackout did 7 dates on this island last year, i don't see how anyone could be too happy about this. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Selling my tickets to some hardcore Blackout fans, really disappointed about this was looking forward to Sum 41

Sum 41 were not the headliners it must have been NFG/Sum 41 co-headline thing . NFG will still be headliners not the Blackout

tumblr_ls93sxWVNz1qfo293.jpg

So running order will probably be

New Found Glory
    The Blackout
    Letlive
    While She Sleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Ugh, this sucks.

I saw the Blackout at Oxegen - they're good live, but I don't listen to them and they're a totally different genre!

Someone pointed out on Facebook that the Blackout have already played here 7 times in the last 12 months...overkill much? :mad:

I know it's not Sum 41's fault if Derek is injured, but they should have postponed it until they could find a similar band =- Sum 41 does not equal the Blackout by any stretch of the imagination!

Was only really going for Sum 41 (NFG as a bonus) but now...

AFAIK The blackout only played here 4 times last year?

With MCR in Dublin , Oxegen , Then 2 dates on their own tour

Could be wrong though

I do agree they are not a real Sum 41 replacement kinda band

Could be wrong though

I do agree they are not a real Sum 41 replacement kinda band

They also did Cork/Dublin/Belfast on an April tour in addition to Dublin/Belfast just a month ago. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cormac182

all I want is to see New Found Glory would have loved to see sum 41 aswell, maybe now my friend can find a ticket, and come with me ;) If we find someone selling!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i bought my ticket to see new found and sum 41 due to them being played through out my teen years etc but the black out????? wtf seriously , they are muck and totally different style of music :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

I Think Simple Plan Should Have Taken Sum 41s Place
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

They also did Cork/Dublin/Belfast on an April tour in addition to Dublin/Belfast just a month ago. :)

That's probably your answer there ^. I didn't add it up myself, I just saw someone say it on the Academy's Facebook page. They probably included the two Belfast shows and the one Cork date to get 7. Either way, they've played here a LOT recently, it's not like Sum 41 who haven't played here in 10 years! (Which was about a year before I got into them, I was only 10 at the time... :()

I know there's nothing they could do about it, but The Blackout just aren't a suitable replacement...

• Advertisement

I emailed ticketmaster and they said that refunds are available

Or someone like Alkaline Trio

Or someone like Alkaline Trio

jaysus what age are we :P :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Very disappointed with this...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 festesio

darryn wrote: »
    I emailed ticketmaster and they said that refunds are available

Dude what email address do you have for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

In fairness, the tour is just over two weeks away, so getting a like-for-like replacement would be a difficult enough task. I reckon more people would have preferred a postponement of the tour until Sum 41 were good to go. At least refunds are being offered.

well im going for new found glory, thats how its been from the start :P

Yea true the fact id say the whole tour is close to a sell out , techincally they didnt really need to get a good act to replace Sum 41

festesio wrote: »
    Dude what email address do you have for them?

I went through the complaints on the website

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »

(PS Sum 41 are awful live, your not missing anything;))

Surprised at ticketmaster offering refunds, Don't they have a clause saying lineup subject to change etc etc?

I thought Sum 41 were grand live, bit of craic anyway.

Well it was a headline band which pulled out, wouldn't go too well at a normal standalone gig if the headline band was pulled out + replaced with someone completely unrelated :pac:

Advertisement