Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerrang Tour 2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Who are the blackout?

refund for me, as I only wanted to see sum 41 for nostalgic reasons. I know 2-3 NFG songs, and never heard of any of the other bands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Mr.S wrote: »

(PS Sum 41 are awful live, your not missing anything;))

This is true :P The only thing that would have been more disappointing than sum 41 dropping out of this tour is if they'd actually played.

Suprised refunds are being given out, decent of them really. They probably could have gotten away with not offereing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pazzybee

Ciarajl wrote: »
    The day this concert is on, 4th February, will be 9 years to the day since Sum 41 last played in Dublin. Last time, they were in the Point in 2003.

Best night of my life, cause i met the love of my life at that gig.

Absolutly cannot wait for this! :-):p

sucks that they pulled out dude

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pazzybee

Who are the blackout?

refund for me, as I only wanted to see sum 41 for nostalgic reasons. I know 2-3 NFG songs, and never heard of any of the other bands

they are an awful awful band, i seen them at Reading last summer and they were ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Ugh, really not arsed about going to see The Blackout. but New Found Glory are good enough....even if I only know a handful of songs :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

Does anyone know wat time is good to show up to miss all t bands except new found glory? I have no interest in seeing t rest seen as sum41 are out, tickets say first band 6.30, presume NFG will be last on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

blink44 wrote: »
    Does anyone know wat time is good to show up to miss all t bands except new found glory? I have no interest in seeing t rest seen as sum41 are out, tickets say first band 6.30, presume NFG will be last on...

9.30 should be fine but I'd keep an eye out for stage times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

im in work till 8 only going for new found glory!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The Kerrang! Relentless Energy tour rolls into The Academy tomorrow & Sunday! Approximate times as follows:

Doors open 6pm
    While She Sleeps 6.15pm
    Let Live 7pm
    The Blackout 7.50pm
    New Found Glory at 9.10pm.

Times subject to change as always. Enjoy!

Just back from the gig , only arrive as The Blackout finished . NFG were brilliant, great energy from the band all the way through . Although that the crowd were a bit meh tbh.

Apart from the mosh pits the crowd seemed kinda dead to me from where we were . Did get a guitar pick :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Just back from the gig , only arrive as The Blackout finished . NFG were brilliant, great energy from the band all the way through . Although that the crowd were a bit meh tbh.

Apart from the mosh pits the crowd seemed kinda dead to me from where we were . Did get a guitar pick :)

I'd agree. The Bands were brilliant, crowd not so much.

There seemed to be a good group in the middle going pretty mad the whole way through but where my friend and I were, right side of the stage, second from front, we are about the only ones properly getting into it! Still enjoyed it though

I'd agree. The Bands were brilliant, crowd not so much.

There seemed to be a good group in the middle going pretty mad the whole way through but where my friend and I were, right side of the stage, second from front, we are about the only ones properly getting into it! Still enjoyed it though

Yea we were kind middle/leftish of the crowd. Now tbh a good few of the songs i didnt know(since i only really wanted to see Sum 41) but was still having a good time , Even though the band were still giving it 100% but some of the crowd i felt was very tame .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Dori Dude

Agree on the crowd - I've actually never seen a crowd like that to be honest, it was strange.

Thought 'The Blackout' were very good now. I never really had any interest in them, surprised though.

Had a great night.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The green and red

Fat lip really got the crowd going and children of the night was amazing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

What Time Did It Finish At ?? :)

What Time Did It Finish At ?? :)
    Around 10.30 I think I can't really remember exactly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I'm going tonight. Still only know about 3 NFG songs and 2 Blackout ones so... should be interesting anyway :P. Though all your reviews of last night are positive (about the bands anyway) so should be grand :D

Was it The Blackout that covered Fat Lip? The Kerrang editor was tweeting them last week saying they should do Sum 41 covers...

I thought NFG should have done a Sum 41 song instead of Green Day

I'm going tonight. Still only know about 3 NFG songs and 2 Blackout ones so... should be interesting anyway :P. Though all your reviews of last night are positive (about the bands anyway) so should be grand :D

Was it The Blackout that covered Fat Lip? The Kerrang editor was tweeting them last week saying they should do Sum 41 covers...
    Yeah it was the blackout they made a great job of it as well

I thought NFG should have done a Sum 41 song instead of Green Day

Ohh now I'm intrigued :P what Green Day song did they do?
    Yeah it was the blackout they made a great job of it as well

Cool, I look forward to it then :D

• Advertisement

Ohh now I'm intrigued :P what Green Day song did they do?

Cool, I look forward to it then :D

They did Basketcase , and the weird thing it was prob the 1st song that the whole crowd seemed to no (even though it was a cover song)

They did Basketcase , and the weird thing it was prob the 1st song that the whole crowd seemed to no (even though it was a cover song)

I've never heard a good cover of Basket Case... Interested to see how this goes so!

That's probably because 70% of them were only there for Sum 41 :P

iv to go tonight on my own my mate bailed!!!

can anyone tell me if the upstairs is open

A V A wrote: »
    can anyone tell me if the upstairs is open
    I think it's restricted I don't know on what basis though

On a side note me and my mates met while she sleeps in a music shop before the gig and again later they are awful sound lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Anyone See The Ireland Flag During N.F.G it was Mine xD
    I Got A Picture With Sean Smith From The Blackout,Two Picks (1 From Each Guitarst In N.F.G And There Setlist xD

for nfg ,couldnt get over how much space there was!!! felt empty!!! and thought the silence was a bit awkward !!!nfg were great , steve didnt look like he was enjoying it one bit, the mug on him was horible !!!
    good gig all the same, and those muppets with their t shirts off needs to learn a bit of manners , i know its concert but theres a difference in just shuttering by someone and ramping through people :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭the great purveyor of mediocrity

A V A wrote: »
    for nfg ,couldnt get over how much space there was!!! felt empty!!! and thought the silence was a bit awkward !!!nfg were great , steve didnt look like he was enjoying it one bit, the mug on him was horible !!!
    good gig all the same, and those muppets with their t shirts off needs to learn a bit of manners , i know its concert but theres a difference in just shuttering by someone and ramping through people :P:D

I thought the venue was as full for NFG as it was for everyone else, the exact same really. As for Steve, every time I loooked at him, he was smiling/laughing/singing along. He looked like he was having a good time to me anyways. Steve is probably the quietest on stage of the five lads. "Horrible Mug", dunno where that comes from but sure whatever you are having yourself I suppose.
    I really enjoyed the night. All the bands were entertaining and put on great shows. The crowd were pretty good as well. I've seen NFG all over the world at this stage and they were my favourite again tonight. Only nitpicking I can come up with is that Pundik's voice is really starting to struggle from a lack of lung capacity but that's probably because he runs around so much!!!
    All in all, great night, and NFG rule.
    The Blackout deserved at least to have a few items thrown at them for their OTT Rugby gloating at the end.
    Good come back by NFG starting their set with "Ireland's Call".

I tried to post here twice last night and the tab randomly shut itself down both times, deleting my post :(

Anyway. Great night! Saw all four bands. While She Sleeps were pretty standard screamo-metal (not my thing, but most of the crowd seemed to like it), Letlive were really feckin weird, The Blackout are good performers even though I'm not a huge fan of their music (that Welsh anthem and rugby ball stunt was evil though, not surprised they left it til the end of their set :P) and New Found Glory were brilliant :D. Loved their Green Day and Ramones covers too, I wish more bands included covers in their sets, they really get the crowd going!

The crowd seemed to be about 60% teenage boys... Lots of moshing and several crowdsurfers (quickly dragged back down by security). Fair play to the people in the middle of the pit, that's some energy they have! (I was at the back of it, near the sound desk).

And AVA: I'm really not sure why you said it was empty for NFG, it was packed?? What night were you there? And where did you stand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭the great purveyor of mediocrity

Anyone See The Ireland Flag During N.F.G it was Mine xD
    I Got A Picture With Sean Smith From The Blackout,Two Picks (1 From Each Guitarst In N.F.G And There Setlist xD

Yeah of course, everyone saw it. Sure Jordan had it stuck to his mic for the first half of the set and then for the second half, he turned it into a cape.
    Nice touch "Green Day Rule". Well played.
    What was written on the flag?
    Post up the setlist here when you get a chance. Maybe take a photo of it and post it.

Advertisement