Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerrang Tour 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Did Anyone See Jordan Fall :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Hi guys, you may have heard about Paul Bunbury, a 19-year old DCU student, going missing: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056539301

Well, someone mentioned that their son and daughter had seen someone fitting his description at this gig at the Academy on Saturday night. So we're looking for any information people might have in connection with that.

Paul is average height, has long brown hair and a beard, generally wears glasses but he may have taken them off on the night. More info is available at the link above or at http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/community/news/04-02-2012/11/Missing+Member.

If you saw someone who looks like Paul, or even think you may have seen such a person, please contact Whitehall Garda Station at 016664500 and/or leave a message on the dedicated Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Paul-Bunbury/344019265618990.

Thanks a million guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The green and red

Hi guys, you may have heard about Paul Bunbury, a 19-year old DCU student, going missing: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056539301

Well, someone mentioned that their son and daughter had seen someone fitting his description at this gig at the Academy on Saturday night. So we're looking for any information people might have in connection with that.

Paul is average height, has long brown hair and a beard, generally wears glasses but he may have taken them off on the night. More info is available at the link above or at http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/community/news/04-02-2012/11/Missing+Member.

If you saw someone who looks like Paul, or even think you may have seen such a person, please contact Whitehall Garda Station at 016664500 and/or leave a message on the dedicated Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Paul-Bunbury/344019265618990.

Thanks a million guys.
    There's a pic of the crowd on while she sleeps website
    A long shot but if he was there he might have been in it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Hi guys, you may have heard about Paul Bunbury, a 19-year old DCU student, going missing: http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056539301

Thanks a million guys.

Thing is, the tour is made up of punk and metal bands, so there could have been a few guys fitting that description there :S. Has anyone asked the Academy for CCTV? There were loads of photographers up on the balconies so keep an eye on the band's facebook or twitter accounts too, in case he shows up in any pics. I really hope he turns up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Thing is, the tour is made up of punk and metal bands, so there could have been a few guys fitting that description there :S. Has anyone asked the Academy for CCTV? I really hope he turns up soon.

Yeah that's why we're not getting our hopes up about it too much, but it's worth a shot. CCTV footage will be reviewed tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Yeah that's why we're not getting our hopes up about it too much, but it's worth a shot. CCTV footage will be reviewed tomorrow.
    Sorry, I was trying to edit that post when you replied. Yeah, of course, anything's worth a shot!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

it wasnt empty empty but stil could have been alot more people in , wasnt it suppose to be sold out ?? iv been to loads of gigs in the academy ,well over 20 anyway , and iv seen it with more people in it!!! you could move in that crowd ,move with ease in and out of people!!! here iv seen nfg a few times aswell and tonight was kind of a let down,but im not saying they were bad!!! steve ( the second night) ,well, iv never seen him like that,it was like he wasnt fully there!!! chad will always be a hero , he recognized me aswell :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea id say a lot of people got refunds or didnt go because Sum 41 pulled out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Yea I ended up selling all 3 of my tickets. We really didnt wanna see the Blackout again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The green and red

Yea I ended up selling all 3 of my tickets. We really didnt wanna see the Blackout again :P
    Haha you must be mad they were class :P

• Advertisement

Had seen them before so we literally only arrived at the end of their last song . They are a good live band but you can still understand why people sold their tickets after Sum 41 pulled out. I nearly did but i wanted to see NFG again

No just cant stand them. Some of my friends love them so I sold them the tickets as I knew they would appreciate them more than I would. They just arent my cup of tea

In fairness to the The Blackout, they knew that not everyone was happy with them being there, and they kind of played on it for the whole show.
    Did anyone see their merch? It was all t-shirts saying "F*ck the Blackout" "The Blackout ruined this tour" and "Blame the Blackout".

They also started off by yelling "We are not Sum 41" (then "Actually, we are Sum 41!" before Fat Lip") and later on said something like "We know that you all wanted to see Sum 41, and we're sorry that they couldn't make it... and we expected to have stuff thrown at us, so thanks for being nice about it". They also tried to make the room go quiet at the end of one song and picked one guy in the crowd to boo them.

I've said before that I'm not a fan of their's but much respect to them on that regard!

From NFG
    IRELAND!! you were amazing!
    >>> Watching the Super Bowl on the way to the UK... ferry style.

Chad Gilbert announced on stage last night in Glasgow, Scotland (February 13th) that New Found Glory will be bringing their "Pop Punk's Not Dead" tour to the UK later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

I went on the 4th after my friends persuading me. I didn't really want to when it was Sum 41 (oh the hate I'm going to get) but I was extremely pleased when they got The Blackout to come in their place. I hadn't listened to them for a few months even though I have a few of their CDs but I listened to them when I knew I was going.

We arrived in just when While She Sleeps finished their set, we brought a sign that said "Tits or GTFO" and Jason from letlive. flashed us. :')
    The Blackout were phenomenal, I have to say they put on a great live show, it was even better because I was at the barrier and got high fives from both Sean and Gavin. When they played Fat Lip the whole crowd cheered up a bit and when Sean started singing Horse Outside everyone around me started laughing their heads off.

One of my friends and I went down to the merch place straight after TBO finished their set and WE MET SNOZ! He signed out tshirts and everything. We reluctantly went back to see New Found Glory but I have to admit they were pretty amazing. At one point I got dragged into the sort of mosh pit which I didn't mind but this one guy pulled me out of it and asked if I was okay. I swear the crowd were so lovely. Afterwards we met James McMahon and Katie Parsons and it was just brilliant okay?

You have to admit, even though The Blackout aren't the same genre as Sum 41, they were an extremely good band to get in their place, especially on such short notice, I was expecting some small band who had just started out recently. They put on a great live show and I'd say it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

Omg I sound like such a fangirl....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Apologies from dragging up an old(ish) thread but I haven't been on Boards for a while. =P

I went to this gig on the 5th with my girlfriend.. I was going for NFG and Sum41 so I was pretty gutted when Sum41 pulled out, but was still happy to go for NFG.

I thought While She Sleeps were awesome! Their music isn't my cup of tea, but they got the crowd going and I do enjoy heavier music in a live setting so it was good fun. Loved it when he climbed over us into the middle of the crowd for the wall of death. =P

Letlive. were, well.. They were crazy. =P I actually met their lead singer briefly after the concert and was chatting to him. Told him that he was a crazy fellow and that I enjoyed their set.. He's really polite for a crazy guy! Again, outside of a concert scenario, their music isn't really my cup of tea but I loved them live.

The Blackout knew they were doomed from the start and they milked it. I think they'd won the majority of the crowd (including myself) over by the end. I'd always liked them but compared to Sum41 I'd regarded them as pretty ****. They are good performers though and know how to pander to a crowd, and then ruin it all at the end by leaving to the Welsh national anthem. =P We were at the barrier towards the left at this stage so we got a few high fives and things from the singers.. I was that guy awkwardly waving at band members when they came close. I got loads of waves back, too! So much so that everyone around me started waving too!

NFG were awesome as expected! Steve threw me a plectrum (what's with everyone saying he seemed down, he seemed grand?) and got a few waves from Jordan and Chad which was awesome! I wasn't really familiar with their newer stuff (my own fault, never got round to picking up Radiosurgery) but I'd say I knew about 90% of all the songs they played and they were all awesome.

Have to say well done to Kerrang! for pulling off such a good tour.. There were good vibes all around and with the exception of that one guy with the really smelly armpit standing beside me, everyone was really nice and friendly! Will definitely go again next year if the line up is anyway decent. :)

New Found Glory, Less Than Jake, Man Overboard and The Story So Far will be heading out on the Road To Warped Tour in the United Kingdom later this year.

November
    Sun 4th Rock City, Nottingham
    Mon 5th Manchester Academy, Manchester
    Tue 6th Leeds University, Leeds
    Wed 7th Barrowlands, Glasgow
    Fri 9th The Great Hall, Cardiff

Wonder will we get an Irish date

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

it bloody better

Made A Thread About NFG Because I Keep Getting Suprised When People Comment On This:P

• Advertisement

That sounds like a brilliant show! :eek: ^^
    If only... *crosses fingers*

I'd see Less Than Jake or Bowling for Soup, thats all that really interests me from that line up, NFG are a band I wouldn't go out of my way to see. Jaret from BFS said they will be back in Ireland in October on Twitter recently

I'd see Less Than Jake or Bowling for Soup, thats all that really interests me from that line up, NFG are a band I wouldn't go out of my way to see. Jaret from BFS said they will be back in Ireland in October on Twitter recently

Well both NFG and BFS are doing the UK Vans Warped Tour

Well both NFG and BFS are doing the UK Vans Warped Tour
    Hence my point and why I mentioned those two bands in particular :P

Hence my point and why I mentioned those two bands in particular :P

serie-touche1.jpg;)

Sum 41 have announced details of a European tour this summer. Dates can be found below.
    Jul 07 Relentless NASS Festival, United Kingdom
    Jul 17 Festival de Nimes Nimes, France
    Jul 21 Rock in IdRho Milan, Italy
    Jul 25 Arena Moscow, Russian Federation
    Jul 27 Kosmonvart Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation
    Jul 31 Tele-Club Yekaterinburg, Russian Federation
    Aug 02 Kubana Festival Istrinskiy Rayon, Russia

Praying for a irish show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

I hope they announce an Ireland date. Would it be the Academy if they do?

I haven't seen them live yet, when I was 11/12 (back around 2002 or 2003 I think) they had a concert in the Point and I was so upset I wasn't allowed go, would be nice to see them live once.

Feck, they could have done Oxegen if it was on :(

How did they go from playing the Point to the Academy? :eek: (Granted they didn't play the Academy in the end but they were supposed to)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Feck, they could have done Oxegen if it was on :(

How did they go from playing the Point to the Academy? :eek: (Granted they didn't play the Academy in the end but they were supposed to)

Being popular once doesnt mean you stay popular :pac:

• Advertisement

What About The Olympia ? :D

Advertisement