Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Eclipse question

Options
  • 28-09-2011 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if it's possible to get vertical "help lines" to show up in Eclipse, so when you indent code (especially long HTML content) you can easily see where the corresponding tags are?

If so, how the hell do I switch it on?!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

If you move your mouse to the brace, it should highlight the corresponding brace. If you are editing in the correct editor, it should also auto-indent or highlight for you.

If it is a matter of physical formatting, in the preferences select "Text Editors" and click on "Show whitespace".

• Registered Users Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Hobbes wrote: »
    If you move your mouse to the brace, it should highlight the corresponding brace. If you are editing in the correct editor, it should also auto-indent or highlight for you.

If it is a matter of physical formatting, in the preferences select "Text Editors" and click on "Show whitespace".
    Cheers Hobbes, I know these tricks. I just like my vertical lines (like in Programmer's Notepad, for example). Someone in the office mentioned the Aptana plugin and said this was one way of getting such help lines, mentioning that Eclipse has no native support for them (I was hoping he was wrong).

Advertisement