Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jazz weekend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭AoifeCork

Am gigging myself all weekend-9 in 4 days!- so don't get to see Damon or anyone else for that matter...

Jazz weekend is always bitter sweet for the musicians amongst us!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I've seen Richard Galliano twice already - he's brill and will see him again. Also really looking forward to seeing Kyle Eastwood (wonder will his dad come along to support him - a girl can hope). And if I can get to the Savoy on the Fri night, then I'll be very happy. J

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

I think the show of the weekend will be Jan Garbarek performing with The Hilliard Ensemble in the North Chapel. They were, IIRC, due to play Cork for the Choral Festival years ago but the show got cancelled due to foot and mouth outbreak. Very special music.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

What I find funny is going to a few different pubs and not hearing any jazz whatsoever, unintentionally!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

This is on the same weekend as Octoberfest in the Fran Well :eek:.

That is going to be one messy weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, yaaaaaaaaaa.

Wasn't in Cork for this last year I don't think, must make sure to make up for it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Oh same weekend as the Octoberfest...damn! Suppose i'll have to just double up on how much time i spend in the pubs that weekend to fit in some of the jazz acts :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

This is on the same weekend as Octoberfest in the Fran Well :eek:.

That is going to be one messy weekend.

That happens every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

That fúcking gig I linked up above seems to be sold out already!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

gimmick wrote: »
    That fúcking gig I linked up above seems to be sold out already!

It sold out almost a month ago - no surprise really considering the line-up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ya, I hadn't realised tickets went on sale so early. Pity the website doesn't say that is sold out.

Anyway, Ill not give up yet. There are always tickets.

Advertisement