Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas tree

Options
  • 28-09-2011 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi folk,

Christmas is coming and I think I have got a great idea. I willing to offer a new fresh Christmas tree online delivery service. The tree would be delivered at you door and collected afterwards if wished. So my question is : Would you buy Cristmas tree online if you knew that some part of the money would go to nominated charity? How much would you pay let's say for standard non-shed 6ft Noble fir? Thank you for your answers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

No. I have to see the tree in action before I buy it. So many crap trees out there.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

There is a company in Dublin doing this.

Can't remember their name.

You can get the same tree over several years ( its potted)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

thomy wrote: »
    Hi folk,

Christmas is coming and I think I have got a great idea. I willing to offer a new fresh Christmas tree online delivery service. The tree would be delivered at you door and collected afterwards if wished. So my question is : Would you buy Cristmas tree online if you knew that some part of the money would go to nominated charity? How much would you pay let's say for standard non-shed 6ft Noble fir? Thank you for your answers :)

Don't generally buy real - if I was to I would have to see it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dshamrock2000

No I like to have a good look around for one and feel like I got the best looking one that I could, Unless you think of selling bulk to other dealers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

thomy wrote: »
    Hi folk,

its going to be messy

the tree will be "too big" or "too small" or "too wide"

You'll call to deliver and there will be no one in, or it will be a 5 floor apartment block and it wont fit in the lift.

You'll want to spend a sick amount of money advertising as no one is going to think of buying a tree online.

But most of all what gloomtastic said, I cant see people buying a tree without looking at it first.

Also a lot of families make it a bit of a special thing for the kids to go with them and pick out the family christmas tree together.

On the positive side, you could get over the worry people have about not seeing the tree first buy taking a picture of every tree you have and posting them on your website, also give each tree a name "Mable", Emily, or even "Donner", "Prancer" etc etc it makes it more personal, and in each picture if you take the photo with measurements in feet on a wall behind each tree you can show exactly how high each one is, which will take away some of the size fears.

good luck

HT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Personally, I think you've left it quite late. Time for planning this was may / June. Another option is to make contact with residents associations in mature estates and hold an open day in the estate with trees viewed, booked and delivered plus a donation to residents committe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 thomy

Thank you lads for your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭privateBeavis

I bought a tree online couple of years ago, did a google search at the time and found 2 different website offering it. I think we paid about €50 for an 8' tree and it was collected after christmas.. very handy!!

This looks like one of them: http://www.christmastreesdelivered.ie/index.php

Advertisement