Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beta Graphics Thread

Options
  • 28-09-2011 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

So for anyone who has the beta maybe you can fill us in on how your machines are coping with the engine?

Card?
    Video Settings?
    FPS?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Just a quick test there:

i7 860 @ 3ghz
    8GB RAM
    GTX570

All highest, Ambient Occulsion off; about 70-80FPS, dips to 60 at times

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Not bad man! I was gonna get a 570 instead of a 6950! wish I did but I will be happy with it on High.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Cpu: Amd Athlon x2 unlocked to Phenom II x4 @ 3.4ghz
    Gpu : Radeon 5770 @ 880 core/1250 mem.
    4gb Ddr3
    Windows Vista 32bit.

Playing at monitors native of 1280*1024 and default setting on auto which has everything at high.

Hitting 60-70 dipping to 55/60.

Havent tried tweaking yet for more fps though.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Just a note about the PC version, ULTRA settings are actually just High.
    Ultra will be in the full release of the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Intel Core i5 2500K Sandybridge OCed to 4.3 Ghz
    4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 PC3-12800
    ATI 6950 2GB
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

BF3 beta installed onto my SSD

Running @ 1920X1080
    Graphics set to Ultra,Ambient Occulsion off [not a fan of it in any game]
    Getting 90-150 fps while in the subway and city part of the map, drops to 60-90 in the starting area with the lake etc,smooth as butter consistently :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

With twin GTX480's, all settings are auto, so pretty much all high. Ambient occlusion is on HBAO, 16x aniso, and still getting 75 to 135 FPS as 1920x1200.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Spear wrote: »
    With twin GTX480's, all settings are auto, so pretty much all high. Ambient occlusion is on HBAO, 16x aniso, and still getting 75 to 135 FPS as 1920x1200.

:eek:

****, with that setup, i'd bloody well hope it runs perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

Here's some benchmarks

http://h4.abload.de/img/battlefield-3-beta-gpu5p0n.png

http://www.gustavhalling.com/2011/09/28/sweclockers-benchmarks-bf3-open-beta-via-sweclockers/

From what I've read graphics in the beta aren't as high whats going to be released in retail version and destruction is toned down, with 64 players and vehicles still to come its going to be fairly demanding.

Also is the beta in dx10 or dx11?

i5 OC'd to 4GHz
    AMD 6950
    8Gig Ram

Settings we auto's to high. I agree with some people that the graphics won't be stressed to their potential until the game comes out in full but for me I played a few games and was hitting about 60 FPS when in contact.

Everything looked very polished and I must say it looks and feels great. really love the engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Spear wrote: »
    all settings are auto, so pretty much all high.
    I find the "auto" setting to be sh|tty, as it set most of my settings to "high", with a few mediums.

1GB HD 4870
    4GB DDR2 800MHz
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83Ghz

I forgot what res it's at; I never looked :o FPS is 38-50.

It ran pretty much okay, but when my system (and the room I was in) heated up a bit, graphical glitches started to appear on the screen. Set most graphics to medium, and it works better.

Will probably be upgrading to better mobo/RAM sooner than later and a new GFX card after xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I think you should upgrade the 4870 first, but thats just my opinion. I think the 4870 is the bottleneck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I think you should upgrade the 4870 first, but thats just my opinion. I think the 4870 is the bottleneck :)

No point, current gen are overpriced atm and will completely outdated when 28nm comes out Q1 next year. First big leap in architecture in a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

is there any point even bothering to download with these laptop specs?

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU M 620 @ 2.67GHz, 2667 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
    Graphics Adapter Description NVIDIA NVS 3100M,512.00 MB

will it run at 1024x768, no AA ?

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

i5
    5850 @ 1680 X 1050
    4G Ram

Plays well with no slow down, thats all I need to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

quad q6600
    3gb ram

all on ultra with AA on and stuff.

runs very good. have few slow downs now and then, but nothing to major. sorry i dont know where to check fps.

if you got similar system then its more then playable on ultra guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Minimum spec is the 8800GT
    my card is a 8800GTS, cant seem to play it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Scruff wrote: »
    is there any point even bothering to download with these laptop specs?

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU M 620 @ 2.67GHz, 2667 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
    Graphics Adapter Description NVIDIA NVS 3100M,512.00 MB

will it run at 1024x768, no AA ?

Should do. That card can run Crysis on low.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

i5 2500k 8gb ram 6870

Runs like a dream everything on high 90 FPS.

been a while since i wowed so much a game i was shot in face looking at **** :D

hmmm update on my experience.

i didnt encounter much trouble when i played first time, but i played it now and it sucked a bit.

droped settings from ultra to high, but it no difference. all game runs perfectly, but then in some places it just go all emo. Worse thing is when attackers bombing entrance to metro. its horrible if i play for attacker in metro, but if i play for defender it plays silky smooth. really weird.

i guess i will have to get new rig after all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Core Duo E8400 (old as ****)
    Ati 5850 1680 x1050
    4gig

Plays surprisingly well with no slow down at all on high
    this is only on Metro of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

CPU: i5-2500k OC'd @ 4.6GHz
    GPU: 2 X HD6950 unlocked and OC'd
    RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600

I play at 2560x1440 and it runs really well on high, but i reckon there is a bug with ultra settings as it drops from ~70fps to around 10fps on ultra. Settings don't seem take effect until I restart the game either. Bear in mind I get 60fps on Crysis 2 with high res textures, dx11 and everything on max. Hopefully it will be fixed by the time it goes gold.

Aye, will be probably upgrading it sooner rather than later, as I'm getting very bad graphical glitches :( I'm getting extreme graphical glitches after a while when playing :(

Whilst I'm here, I'll ask an off-topic query; does water cooling still output as much heat from the computer as the air ones? The room I play in gets fairly hot at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

My current PC:

Quad Core Q6700 @ 2.66GHz (stock cooler, so I would plan to do a mild overclock if needed)
    4GB ram (it was good quality stuff when bought 3 years ago, no idea how this compares to new stuff!)
    HD 6850 1GB

What should I expect?

ionapaul wrote: »
    My current PC:

Quad Core Q6700 @ 2.66GHz (stock cooler, so I would plan to do a mild overclock if needed)
    4GB ram (it was good quality stuff when bought 3 years ago, no idea how this compares to new stuff!)
    HD 6850 1GB

What should I expect?

Not being smart, but just download amd plat it m8. It's free.

Your system is a bit better then my one, so I guess it will run it quite well on high settings.

KilOit wrote: »
    Core Duo E8400 (old as ****)
    Ati 5850 1680 x1050
    4gig

Plays surprisingly well with no slow down at all on high
    this is only on Metro of course.

Aye a top end dual core is definitely the minimum needed for 50FPS+

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

i7 920
    6GB RAM
    evga GTX 570 HD SC

Haven't looked at the ini files put I just set it to Ultra and I get 50-80 fps at 1680 x 1050.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

the_syco wrote: »
    Aye, will be probably upgrading it sooner rather than later, as I'm getting very bad graphical glitches :( I'm getting extreme graphical glitches after a while when playing :(

Whilst I'm here, I'll ask an off-topic query; does water cooling still output as much heat from the computer as the air ones? The room I play in gets fairly hot at times.

yep, water cooling moves the thermal energy generated by the chipset to the rad. in fact, since it makes higher clocks possible, there may actually be more heat expelled through the rad.

I never power my rig down, water temp stabilises at 42C with all components not rising past 46C

core i7 2;66 OC to 4Ghz
    6GB ram
    2 x 5970HD in quadfire
    2 x P60 SSDs in Raid 0 (not good for 4K writes)
    Ultra setting on 1080p

mine was dripping frames mike a mofo, especially in the metro and in end city stages.

installing the AMD beta patch improved this a little, but I endedup solving by turning off the OC. I figure there must be a RAM sync issue in the config.

How do you see Frames per Second?

Anyone have a link for the AMD beta patch? Is that specific to some cards or most AMD's?

Spacedog wrote: »
    How do you see Frames per Second?
    I use Fraps myself, but you can also use: CTRL + ALT + S

• Advertisement

ionapaul wrote: »
    My current PC:

HD 6850 1GB

What should I expect?

here, to be more accurate:

q6600
    3gb ram

60++fps underground metro
    30++fps city

all set on high, with no separate tweeks. so you should be even better then that with your system.

i did updated drivers and it did helped alot.

Advertisement