Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beta Graphics Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

i7 920 2.6
    12gb memory
    gtx 570

approx 80fps at all times. Higher in places like metro, and small bit lower in large area with lots of action

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti

35-50 FPS

Ultra High Settings

=

Eyegasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Ran it on my old pc

E6850 4gb 4870, ran fine on it medium to high auto settings. No lag and solid 40 fps at 1280

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

i5 2500-k
    8 gig RAM
    Hd radeon 6950

Ultra settings on 1920X1080. Running smooth as a babys arse! Little bit of screen tear at times but I didn't go looking for any v-syncing options. First proper FPS I've played on the new pc. Glad I held out for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Have a 4800 and it plays semi ok when it plays, but I get lockups every 30 seconds or so. Been trying to update my graphics drivers with no luck so far.

• Advertisement

Jim wrote: »
    Have a 4800 and it plays semi ok when it plays, but I get lockups every 30 seconds or so. Been trying to update my graphics drivers with no luck so far.
    Google'd this, got some advise, no luck. Here's what I've tried so far...

Got new drivers from AMD. Installed them. It said everything installed successfully.
    Drivers are still 2009, and the Cat Control Centre is nowhere to be seen.
    Uninstalled everything, rebooted in safe mode, used driver cleaner to wipe everything.
    Restarted, Windows no longer recognises my card.
    Installed new drivers again. Once again I'm told everything installed correctly, but Windows still doesn't recognise my card.

I eventually managed to get Windows to recognise my card by installing it through Control Panel, but I'm back to my old 2009 drivers. Tried some old ATI drivers from earlier in the year and the same results.

Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I installed this one ont eh kids PC with 4870 and its fine.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=351391

Windows 7 64.

seems someone else has the same problem

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=351459

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

DrMorphine wrote: »
    i7 920 2.6
    12gb memory
    gtx 570

approx 80fps at all times. Higher in places like metro, and small bit lower in large area with lots of action
    12gb memory and a gtx 570? Wanker :P Highest I'll be able to put into my machine will be 8GB.
    Have a 4870 myself. Plays okay for a while, then I start to get graphical glitches, and after a while the graphical glitches get worse. It usually locks up the machine after a whilte (an hour or so). It's okay after a reboot for a while, and then it locks up again after a while.

I only use the drivers (11.8) (no Catalyst Control Centre) with [url="http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm]MSI Afterburner[/url] to set the fan to go at full whack. Will try installing the new drivers if I can find a "driver only" download.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Google'd this, got some advise, no luck. Here's what I've tried so far...

Got new drivers from AMD. Installed them. It said everything installed successfully.
    Drivers are still 2009, and the Cat Control Centre is nowhere to be seen.
    Uninstalled everything, rebooted in safe mode, used driver cleaner to wipe everything.
    Restarted, Windows no longer recognises my card.
    Installed new drivers again. Once again I'm told everything installed correctly, but Windows still doesn't recognise my card.

I eventually managed to get Windows to recognise my card by installing it through Control Panel, but I'm back to my old 2009 drivers. Tried some old ATI drivers from earlier in the year and the same results.

Any advice?

Jim,
    Had the same problem here.
    Use driver cleaner to remove everything ATI related.Click all the boxes even if you dont have the likes of "all in wonder" etc.
    Heres how you get the new drivers working.
    Go to AMD.Put in your details gpu etc but instead of downloading the package,click on individual downloads.
    Download all 3 individual files into one folder and install in this order.
    Driver,open cl driver and then CCC.Restart as it tells you.
    The card will only be recognised by windows once you install the driver which is why you do it first( or so I believe_otherwise it uses drivers that are years old)
    Believe me I messed around for ages to get around this.
    I think the problem lies with the fact that CCC is no longer Catalyst Control Centre but Amd Vision control Centre and theres a conflict if your drivers are older ones that used CCC and the new Control Centre wont install properly with the older drivers.
    Should sort you out.

the_syco wrote: »
    I only use the drivers (11.8) (no Catalyst Control Centre) with [url="http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm]MSI Afterburner[/url] to set the fan to go at full whack. Will try installing the new drivers if I can find a "driver only" download.
    Seems I forgot to click apply for the 100% fan :O Just did it now, and can a slight hum from inside my case.

Installed the driver without the CCC, and MSI Afterburner sees it as 11.10). Have also set the MSI Afterburner to log the temps and framerate, so if I do crash, I can see if it was heat or not.

• Advertisement

Seems I forgot to click apply for the 100% fan :O Just did it now, and can a slight hum from inside my case.

Installed the driver without the CCC, and MSI Afterburner sees it as 11.10). Have also set the MSI Afterburner to log the temps and framerate, so if I do crash, I can see if it was heat or not.
    Can you link me to the drivers you installed directly?

Can you link me to the drivers you installed directly?
    Couldn't find the "driver only" package, so got the 150MB file off here: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=2795 and installed it without the CCC (just untick the bottom option).

=-=

If after installing the drivers all of your Youtube videos are green...
    Load up a video on YouTube, then hit pause as soon as the video starts. Now right-click on the video, choose options, then click on the first tab. Untick "Use hardware acceleration", restart your browser, and everything should be fine!:)

This works a charm :D

Roughly 2 hours of the Battlefield 3 beta...

176567.jpg

The above graph was made from the output of MSI Afterburner log file. With the fan of the 4780 at 100% I got no graphical glitching, and it didn't lock up on me.

Will try upping the graphics a bit tomorrow, and see how I get on. Increasing the fan from auto to 100% seemed to have made a really big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Computer 1

Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 Dual Core Desktop Processor
    4GB PC2-5300 DDR2 Memory
    16x DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Burner
    NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT Graphics with 256MB

Not great...

Computer 2

Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155
    16GB-Kit GeIL Black Dragon PC3-12800U CL9-9-9-28 (DDR3-1600)
    ASUS ENGTX560 Ti DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5, 1024MB,PCI-Express

Magnificent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I don't know what to do. I really would prefer to play this on pc than xbox cause it looks like **** on the xbox with all the jagged edges. At the moment I can play the beta pretty alright on low or medium @1680 x 1050, I don't notice much slow down (50 - 80fps) but would rather be able to get the most I can out of it.

I have:

i7 3.4GHz
    8GB Corsair DDR3
    GTX 460

I want to upgrade the graphics but don't want to pay like 500 quid for a card. I did that once when the 8800GTX came out :o

Should I wait for lower prices or just sell the 460 and get a 580?

Edit: totally I forgot I only have like a 600 watt psu and I dont know if it would fit in my case a cooler master silenco 550

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Jim,
    Had the same problem here.
    Use driver cleaner to remove everything ATI related.Click all the boxes even if you dont have the likes of "all in wonder" etc.
    Heres how you get the new drivers working.
    Go to AMD.Put in your details gpu etc but instead of downloading the package,click on individual downloads.
    Download all 3 individual files into one folder and install in this order.
    Driver,open cl driver and then CCC.Restart as it tells you.
    The card will only be recognised by windows once you install the driver which is why you do it first( or so I believe_otherwise it uses drivers that are years old)
    Believe me I messed around for ages to get around this.
    I think the problem lies with the fact that CCC is no longer Catalyst Control Centre but Amd Vision control Centre and theres a conflict if your drivers are older ones that used CCC and the new Control Centre wont install properly with the older drivers.
    Should sort you out.
    You.
    Are.
    A.
    GOD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

i5 2500k
    GTX 580
    16 GB ddr 3 ram.
    installed on an SSD drive.

65 -150 FPS on "ultra".

I presume the graphics are limited on the beta though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

Q6600 oc'd to 2.8ghz ,
    4ghz ram
    GTX295

using fraps 40fps steady at 1920x1200, pretty much everything set at medium.
    Had to install EVGA precision tool to sort out my card . Some reason with BF3 running 90+deg.

im pretty happy with it so I can avoid the upgrading.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I have got
    Q9300 quad at 2.5ghz
    8gb ram
    6870 1gb twin frozr .

Everthing set to high automatically i didnt adjust anything, running 1650x1080 resolution solid frame rate no stuttering .

Card temp never reaches 68 degress so very happy camper at the moment here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Leopardi

I currently have this: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/acer-predator-g5900-1-refurbished-desktop-pc-08623500-pdt.html .

Given my desire to play BF3 on ultra settings I realise I need to upgrade my processor and my graphics card.

I would be grateful for recommendations regarding the best processors and cards that I could get for a budget of roughly €800.

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

Game runs okish on low now I have the updated drivers. It gets really terrible near the end of the round though, almost unplayable.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Leopardi wrote: »
    I currently have this: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/acer-predator-g5900-1-refurbished-desktop-pc-08623500-pdt.html .

Given my desire to play BF3 on ultra settings I realise I need to upgrade my processor and my graphics card.

I would be grateful for recommendations regarding the best processors and cards that I could get for a budget of roughly €800.

Thanks in advance.

That link only brings me to the website and a list of PCs. Which one is it?

I'm thinking the PC is gone, and thus too is the link.

I think the mid bit http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/acer-predator-g5900-1-refurbished-desktop-pc-08623500-pdt.html means it's a "Acer Predator G5900" that has since been sold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Leopardi

Sorry about the link. Here it is:http://www.harveynorman.ie/g5900.html .

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

i7 2600K Overclocked to 4.5Ghz
    16GB DDR3 2133MHz
    2x 6970's

All video settings maxed out and it runs perfectly on 1920 x 1080

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

dazftw wrote: »
    I don't know what to do. I really would prefer to play this on pc than xbox cause it looks like **** on the xbox with all the jagged edges. At the moment I can play the beta pretty alright on low or medium @1680 x 1050, I don't notice much slow down (50 - 80fps) but would rather be able to get the most I can out of it.

I have:

i7 3.4GHz
    8GB Corsair DDR3
    GTX 460

I want to upgrade the graphics but don't want to pay like 500 quid for a card. I did that once when the 8800GTX came out :o

Edit: totally I forgot I only have like a 600 watt psu and I dont know if it would fit in my case a cooler master silenco 550

emmmmmm... you should run this game atleast on high to ult m8. i can run beta on my ancient rig with settings on high with very respectable fps...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Hrm, do ya think my CPU needs upgrading? Runs Metro fine, didnt need to change any settings but Caspian size maps make me concerned for potential smoke and melting.

Dual-core 2.8ghz
    4Gb DDR2
    GTX460

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

If you can Overclock your CPU then do, otherwise you may be lowering some settings for Caspian.
    Even just lowering settings for detail of distant objects may help a lot.

Q6600 @ 3.0ghz
    8GB Corsair DDR2
    2 x 5850's.

I'm getting a lot of framerate slowdown and at other times it is grand on high/ultra.
    Also I don't think the game looks as good as it should be at these settings (Even taking into account ultra actually being high).
    It's a bit blurry or fuzzy. I suspect it is a game/crossfire/driver issue. Maybe to do with it switching from windowed to fullscreen.
    Running at 1920x1080

Roughly 2 hours of the Battlefield 3 beta...

176567.jpg
    The above was everything on low. Played everything on Medium for a while, and it seemed okay. Will leave it at medium until I get to play at least an hour before putting it up to high settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,115 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

dazftw wrote: »

I have:

i7 3.4GHz
    8GB Corsair DDR3
    GTX 460

Your PC should be doing better than that.. mine is and I have the same GPU with a lesser CPU and a larger res monitor!?

I have a:
    Q9550 @ was stock , but oc'd to 3.4 last night after playing
    GTX 460 756mb @ stock
    4gb DDR2-800

And its running at 1920x1080 with default settings (which seem to be all high bar one or 2 on medium)

One thing is my pc is a brand new install of w7 and i installed beta nvidia drivers which are apparently tweaked for bf3

Advertisement