Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fanore

Options
  • 28-09-2011 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Heading to Fanore this weekend, just wondering what are the best tides to surf it at? I know there's a massive clump of black rock midway down the beach so i'm enquiring really cause i just wanting to avoid this. Is it a good beach to surf on the coming etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Brandog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭killedsirius

cheers rodento :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭BGOllie

3ft / 8s forecast. This will not create a surfable wave for fanore I'm afraid.

LongZ wrote: »
    3ft / 8s forecast. This will not create a surfable wave for fanore I'm afraid.
    Should be something in Clare though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭killedsirius

sigh :( this is disappointing. I was really hoping there'd be some small ****ty waves at least that would get me a few goes but i guess it's not to be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭BGOllie

rodento wrote: »
    Should be something in Clare though

yes some small swell places might work alright. Fanore ain't one of them unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

yes some small swell places might work alright. Fanore ain't one of them unfortunately :(

Could you put another euro in the meter please? I need a surf!! Will head NW regardless and go to the one spot I think will have a wave.

Could you put another euro in the meter please? I need a surf!! Will head NW regardless and go to the one spot I think will have a wave.
    A lot of south in that swell

A lot of south in that swell

The low will be over the nothwest so hoping for something off the side of it, plus can alway get drunk in fundoran. And where I'm thinking faces SW

• Advertisement

Holding out for a mid week run, also without a wetsuit at mo cause I have had to fail within two weeks:(

Guess I need to diet...

Holding out for a mid week run, also without a wetsuit at mo cause I have had to fail within two weeks:(

Guess I need to diet...
    No holidays left so I'm a weekend warrior for now.

Advertisement