Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frozen in a mobile home

Options
  • 21-09-2011 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi, Just moved into a mobile few months ago thinking Id be fine but its got fierce cold and someone told me that the electric radiators that I have in it, will cost about 400euro to run per unit for the winter!!

I was thinking of a small wood burner so contacted a company outside Navan called "FirstClass Fireplaces".

I know nothing about stoves but ive gone to a few companies and this one is the cheapest to buy the stove, the flu, double insulation and all the bits and have it fitted which comes to 890euro. Its a 4kw stove, my question is will it be enough to heat the whole mobile, or would i be better getting the bigger 9km which is 250euro more.

There is limited space so the smaller one would be better and cheaper, I just dont want it to be too small and not heat the mobile!!

Any advice please???????

thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I lived on a barge/ houseboat once; I will never forget the cold. Sounds a bit like caravan /mh living: either a feast or a famine; roasting hot and Monster moist thick air when the gas was on, super freezing when it was off. I never felt safe in it and after about three months moved out. Was never as Glad to be
    Moving into a boring heated electrified cube that you didn't have to pump water for or empty septic tanks to, or head out to flick a switch off before you went to sleep so you didn't get gassed at night.
    Seriously. Some things are worth spending money on: even if you don't have much.

Advertisement