Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First sex toy advert to be aired in UK

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    Doesnt the statement above contradict itself somewhat ?

:D Tru da! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

they've been advertising them for ages. just under a guise...

That video inspired me to lose a bit of weight, Im sleepy now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Forget the shake weight...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,252 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

So this airs in half an hours time on itv2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

I think alot of you liberals would think twice that this is so liberal and progressive if you had children and a sex ad came on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    I think alot of you liberals would think twice that this is so liberal and progressive if you had children and a sex ad came on.
    "Liberals" tend to be better at being capable of discussing sex matters with their children. But yeah, I'm sure the conservative approach of hiding everything related to sex and pretending it doesn't happen is much more likely to be effective

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Children should be in bed by the time this ad comes on. And if they're not, then they're old enough to know what it is. And it's not a sex ad, it's an ad for a sex toy.

You sound like the same kind of person who feels uncomfortable when an ad comes on for panty liners or veet bikini line cream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Well, that was a let down...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

smash wrote: »
    They sell them in Tesco!

Has mental image of Tesco Value vibrator along these lines:
    http://www.guy-sports.com/fun_pictures/tesco_valentines_card_sm.jpg
    http://moblog.net/media/l/a/d/ladislav/molasses-spirit-in-vodka.jpg

ie similar colour schemes/packaging!

Have 4 - still don't bother me.
    If my kids are up that very late without damn good reason, I deserve to get my arse kicked as a parent - not the kids, anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

It must surely be only a matter of time before McDonalds begin to offer Happy Meals for grown ups featuring a red and yellow coloured sex toy.

I can see the TV ads with Ronald McDonald brandishing an array of sex toys and a bevvy of oiled up nude Swedish girls only too willing to
    "play" with the fast food clown.

JupiterKid wrote: »
    It must surely be only a matter of time before McDonalds begin to offer Happy Meals for grown ups featuring a red and yellow coloured sex toy.

I can see the TV ads with Rond McDonald, an array of sex toys and a bevvy of oiled up nude Swedish girls.

My wife will take a Whopper then! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

I think this is absolutely disgraceful. I'm definitely going to vote for Dana.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

28064212 wrote: »
    "Liberals" tend to be better at being capable of discussing sex matters with their children. But yeah, I'm sure the conservative approach of hiding everything related to sex and pretending it doesn't happen is much more likely to be effective

Quoted for emphasis.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I object to this on the grounds that I'm back living at home. What if mam / gran is in the room? If I jump out the window I'll just land on the patio like... suggestions? How do I jump out a window in this situation and die?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

4leto wrote: »
    Its not fair women have the best masturbating sex toys, do they not realise us men is a much bigger market (I think)

Ann Summers have a full range of mens toys.

Its about time!!! Nothing shameful about toys, its about time people stopped being so secretive about sex. People act as if its something bold and thats why.kids arent asking questions and getting misinformation from friends!!

...How do I jump out a window in this situation and die?

Head first. :P

Biggins wrote: »
    My wife will take a Whopper then! :D

That's burger king :P

That's burger king :P

Darn - I'll have to super-size her then! :o

Biggins wrote: »
    Darn - I'll have to super-size her then! :o

Ah women, always want what they don't have huh... :D

• Advertisement

Ah women, always want what they don't have huh... :D

:pac:

Story of my life! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Ann Summers have a full range of mens toys.
    Its about time!!!

It sure is. If it keeps things fresh (so to speak) then i'm all for it. They can be great fun.

I don't see what all the fuss is about tbh. If i means there'll be less of those ridiculous chatline ads on then happy days.

"We've lots of georgous guys and girls in YOUR area waiting to chat to you right now. Just call to join in the fun" *calls cost €4.90 per minute

Advertisement