Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Lotto

• 28-09-2011 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

Whats this bout the lotto
    'If not won will roll over and be subject Games Rules'

Guaranteed €100M
    Just seen it on the RTÉ player as an advert
    think i might just do the lotto.

But what does it mean if it its not won. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

"The lottery is a tax on those who don't understand probability." - Unknown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Whats this bout the lotto
    'If not won will roll over and be subject Games Rules'

Guaranteed €100M
    Just seen it on the RTÉ player as an advert
    think i might just do the lotto.

But what does it mean if it its not won. :pac:

This is for Euromillions surely?

Our lotto is guaranteed for 2 million?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Seachmall wrote: »

My last tax refund came to €7. A bit less than this.

My last tax refund came to €7. A bit less than this.

Your expected return on the lottery is a little more than this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

When I do the Lottery I just put it down to giving to charity. With a slim hope of actually winning anything.

• Advertisement

foxyboxer wrote: »
    When I do the Lottery I just put it down to giving to charity.

You could just give it to charity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

You could just give it to charity.

What's my expected return on that though???? :pac:

...I wouldn't do it often, but when it's something ridiculous like €180,000,000 you just have to do it.

Wouldn't be arsed with the Irish lotto.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Triangular

http://www.lottery.ie/en/News--Updates/Latest-News/Wave-Goodbye-Say-Hello/
    It’s time to wave goodbye! The last draw day for both Monday Million and All or Nothing is Monday 10th September.

We’d like to take this opportunity to thank all our players for their support of our Monday Million and All or Nothing games.

€60 million in prizes has been won on both games already. You have 90 days from 10th September to claim your prizes, so remember to check your tickets.

The good news is we’re introducing a brand new game which gives players the chance to win €1 million every day. Say hello to Daily Million! It's one euro, one line, one million, every day!

It’s simple to play, just pick six numbers from 1 to 39. You can fill these out on a Daily Million play slip or just ask for a Quick Pick at your local National Lottery agent store. You can also play online here at lottery.ie. It’s just €1 per line. If you match the first six numbers drawn, you’ll win or share the top prize of €1 million.

For an extra 50c per line, you can play Daily Million Plus for a chance to win €500,000. Just tick the Plus box on your playslip or ask your agent to include the Plus game on your ticket. Match the first six numbers drawn and win or share half a million Euro!

Each day, the Daily Million draw results will be broadcast on TV3 at 21:59. You can also check your ticket here on lottery.ie or at your local store.

We hope to see our first Daily Million Millionaire very soon. For more information on Daily Million click here.

George Orwell was a bit off with his year prediction but even he couldn't predict the lotto being on 7 days a week, whilst writing it in the 1940's!

"the prizes were largely imaginary. Only small sums were actually paid out, the winners of the big prizes being non-existent persons. "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

foxyboxer wrote: »
    What's my expected return on that though???? :pac:

...I wouldn't do it often, but when it's something ridiculous like €180,000,000 you just have to do it.

Wouldn't be arsed with the Irish lotto.

I agree what good is two million?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

A quote often repeated by those who don't understand utility.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

It's a tax on the poor and not much else.

Why not pick 6 numbers and don't do it, when your numbers don't come up your up the money you would have spent on the ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

If I had a Euro for every time I've heard the term "somebody has to win it"I'd be extremly well off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

I still don't get why the cringe fest that is Winning Streak has to be repeated. Once is enough and let ppl record it if it means that much to them.

Christ, even some bit of a challenge to make it interesting rather than gormlessly pressing buttons like a trained chimp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Why not pick 6 numbers and don't do it, when your numbers don't come up your up the money you would have spent on the ticket.

and when they do come up you can think of all the things you cant buy because you're not a millionaire when you could have been for the price of a couple of cans of coke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

and when they do come up you can think of all the things you cant buy because you're not a millionaire when you could have been for the price of a couple of cans of coke.
    And while I have a better chance of being killed by stampeding donkeys I'm going to enjoy cans of ice cold coke and chocolate cake.

Advertisement