Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to work the locker situation?

• 28-09-2011 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

I plan on cycling into college (in town from Kildare) over the next few months but just trying to figure out what I would need to leave in the locker and how to rotate the stuff is a bit boggling. I plan on using the backpack for food and books mostly and maybe a clean tshirt everyday.
    How do people here manage it in work or college themselves?

Just leave shower stuff, jeans and shoes in there, then just bring clean t-shirts or something similar? Must mention that I do another sport so will have training gear in with that also.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Torque wrote: »
    I plan on cycling into college (in town from Kildare) over the next few months but just trying to figure out what I would need to leave in the locker and how to rotate the stuff is a bit boggling. I plan on using the backpack for food and books mostly and maybe a clean tshirt everyday.
    How do people here manage it in work or college themselves?

Just leave shower stuff, jeans and shoes in there, then just bring clean t-shirts or something similar? Must mention that I do another sport so will have training gear in with that also.

Have you thought about buying some panniers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

DirkVoodoo wrote: »

for €9.99

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Torque

I have, but I'm not too keen on them to be honest don't want to have to spend more money if it can be avoided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

My routine (work):
    Monday - bring in chinos, shirt, skids and socks.
    Tuesday & Wednesday - repeat (except chinos).
    Thursday - As Monday (unless I'm feeling a bit scummy, in which case I'll omit the chinos:pac:)
    Friday - As Tuesday & Wednesday.

I have specific cycle gear (bibs, jersey etc) so change out of that. All used clothing comes home daily. Shoes, deodrant & a towel remain the locker.

Also bring a lunch and bike kit in my back pack (small pump, puncture repair kit / levers, chain breaker, a few allen keys) and some rain gear

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Torque

@ Idleater Intriguing... would that work on a roadbike and be easy to take off? Trying to cut down on costs and don't want to be buying bags and stuff too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Have to say +1 on the panniers. Going to college you'll be carrying enough stuff that you'll have to bring a bag every day and a pannier means you're not carrying anything on your back. You'll have to check your bike to see if it has carrier mount points near the axle and on the seat stays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Torque wrote: »
    @ Idleater Intriguing... would that work on a roadbike and be easy to take off? Trying to cut down on costs and don't want to be buying bags and stuff too.

Dunno, I've bosses on mine for a rack so while I _was_ looking at lovely Tubus racks, I said I'd wait and see what the tenner will get me.

Worst case you'd have to attach via P-Clips if they aren't included.

Advertisement