Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just sat the revised GRE

Options
  • 28-09-2011 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hello all,
    I just sat the revised GRE in Dublin; came out with a range of 510-610 for verbal reasoning and 650-750 for quantitative and id hope for a 4.5+ in the writing part. Because its the revised i won't know exactly how good or bad these results are until November. Anyone have any predictions of how scores will compare to previous years? Or whtas a typical requirement for phds in America? Thanks very much, Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Hey sean-og3, results for people who tested around that time came out online this evening!

I'm a third year undergraduate. I decided to do the GRE exams this season so I wouldn't have to worry about them in my final year. I got my general result tonight on the GRE website.

The general GRE test is not that important for me, as a mathematician, as there is a specific subject mathematics test that will be given far greater weight.

Any ideas where you're applying?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 sean-og3

Sorry for the delay in replying! I'l be starting in the Uni. of Virginia in Sept next year. Thankfuly my GRE results were enough to get me in there! Hope you were happy with yours too! Where you planning on applying with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Congratulations!

I'm not sure where exactly I'll be applying yet - it will depend on a number of factors developing over the next year.

Advertisement