Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths for Engineering

Options
  • 28-09-2011 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

HI
    Im looking to apply to do Engineering in University next year as a mature student. Most Engineering courses require a HC3 or equivalent in maths. I only did ordinary level years ago for the LC and I have been wrecking my brain to find any night leaving cert maths courses. I work in engineering and have a trade in engineering too.
    Basically anywhere that does leaving cert night courses only does maths at ordinary level. And anywhere that does a course that might have the equivalent standard of maths has failed to form due to lack of interest.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to meet this requirement?? Im desperate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mc3ac

hi there,

If u are referring to the higher C3 requirement, this is for university engineering courses, the institutes of technology generally only require a pass at ordinary level. As you will see in the link to nuig's website, if you sit ordinary level and get A2 or A1, they may let you sit the special maths exam in august for people who didn't do higher maths for the leaving cert. this exam is a mixture of ordinary and higher level maths as far as I know (my friend sat it a few years ago)and depending on how you do they might offer you a place. best thing to do to be honest is speak to the mature students officer.

Here's the link:

http://www.nuigalway.ie/mature/prospective/engineering.html

Advertisement