Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tractor Dealer Warranty

• 28-09-2011 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi, we purchased a tractor about 7 months ago and from day one we have had issues with the lift not working correctly.

I spoke to the dealer on a number of occasions in relation to this issue and evertime he suggested making changes to the lift settings which did nothing to remedy the situation.

Eventually, I got sick of his lack of effort and response so I got a chap to plug in the tractor (at my own expense), which based on the fault code been returned suggested that we replace a particular part.

I again spoke to the dealer and gave him the part number; I also contacted the main dealer which supplied the tractor from new (not to (2nd Owner)), for guidance on the issue. He suggested replacing this part as well (and also verified the service history of the tractor for me).

The dealer (main franchise dealer as well) I purchased the tractor from collected it for repair, when the tractor was been returned from repair I queried the dealer in relation to the work that had been carried out. He stated that they only needed to recalibrate the lift, no parts where replaced, however we noticed that they had tampered with a sensor on the lift and it was left lose and ajar.

One day later the lift again stopped working; we contacted the dealer and highlighted the issue again and brought to his attention the issue with sensor (which was tampered with).

3 days later he sent 2 mechanics onsite and they spent hours working on it, resetting the sensor took more time than replacing the lift part (this was the part which had been suggested to replace in the first place).

3 weeks later and the lift has stopped working again, I’m getting really sick of the service been provided by our dealer and also concerned about the expense which we may incur when the warranty runs out.

Can anyone advise me on where we stand legally?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Dude1981 wrote: »
    Hi, we purchased a tractor about 7 months ago and from day one we have had issues with the lift not working correctly.

I spoke to the dealer on a number of occasions in relation to this issue and evertime he suggested making changes to the lift settings which did nothing to remedy the situation.

Eventually, I got sick of his lack of effort and response so I got a chap to plug in the tractor (at my own expense), which based on the fault code been returned suggested that we replace a particular part.

I again spoke to the dealer and gave him the part number; I also contacted the main dealer which supplied the tractor from new (not to (2nd Owner)), for guidance on the issue. He suggested replacing this part as well (and also verified the service history of the tractor for me).

The dealer (main franchise dealer as well) I purchased the tractor from collected it for repair, when the tractor was been returned from repair I queried the dealer in relation to the work that had been carried out. He stated that they only needed to recalibrate the lift, no parts where replaced, however we noticed that they had tampered with a sensor on the lift and it was left lose and ajar.

One day later the lift again stopped working; we contacted the dealer and highlighted the issue again and brought to his attention the issue with sensor (which was tampered with).

3 days later he sent 2 mechanics onsite and they spent hours working on it, resetting the sensor took more time than replacing the lift part (this was the part which had been suggested to replace in the first place).

3 weeks later and the lift has stopped working again, I’m getting really sick of the service been provided by our dealer and also concerned about the expense which we may incur when the warranty runs out.

Can anyone advise me on where we stand legally?

boards is not the best place to seek legal advise, I suggest you discuss with your solicitor asap

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

TBH none of us really are able to advise you, I reckon talk to your solicitor, it'll prob cost you a 100 quid to get the solicitor to send a letter to the dealer, but I think if you start going down the legal route the dealer will start to pay attention....Good luck with it.

I see snowman types faster than me!!!

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

Tell the deraler, you are coming on here to name and shame;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

As already stated above, no-one here can give legal advice.
    If you wish to pursue a legal remedy, you'll have to talk to a solicitor.

[MOD]'Naming and shaming' will not happen here, as neither Boards.ie nor the mods here have any way of knowing the rights or wrongs of the case, and cannot take to risk of attracting their own legal cases.[/MOD]

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Dude1981

Rovi wrote: »
    As already stated above, no-one here can give legal advice.
    If you wish to pursue a legal remedy, you'll have to talk to a solicitor.

[MOD]'Naming and shaming' will not happen here, as neither Boards.ie nor the mods here have any way of knowing the rights or wrongs of the case, and cannot take to risk of attracting their own legal cases.[/MOD]

Don't worry I won't be doing that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

what are you expecting from the dealer, he fixed the problem and now something has cropped up again. It might be the same problem, a related problem or a completely new problem. The dealer that sold the tractor first day shouldnt have even being contacted regarding the matter, it the dealer you bought the machine of who has to sort it.

May I ask what sort of warranty do you actually have as you say the tractor was bought seven months ago secondhand. All components can play up from time to time and it can take allot of head scratching to sort some of the finicky things sorted. I would say to go back and liaise with your dealer and if your not happy get on to the area rep for the parent company he is a dealer for

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Dude1981

what are you expecting from the dealer, he fixed the problem and now something has cropped up again.

As stated in my post this is a reoccurring problem and the original issue has never been fixed!!

It might be the same problem, a related problem or a completely new problem.

It's the same problem, again read carefully!

The dealer that sold the tractor first day shouldnt have even being contacted regarding the matter,

I don't agree, orginal dealer supplied it from new and had full service history which I was never supply with.

it the dealer you bought the machine of who has to sort it.

That's my point he was'nt sorting it !

May I ask what sort of warranty do you actually have as you say the tractor was bought seven months ago secondhand.

6 months, again orginal problem never resolved.

All components can play up from time to time and it can take allot of head scratching to sort some of the finicky things sorted.

Dealer was provided with fault codes and info on issue but chose to ignore.

I would say to go back and liaise with your dealer and if your not happy get on to the area rep for the parent company he is a dealer for

As above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

look up consumer rights on net ,there a section on warranty.

Advertisement