Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cidona in glass bottles

Options
  • 28-09-2011 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Right I wasn't to sure where to post this, but here seems good.:) Just wondering do any of you foodies no were one could get cidona in glass bottles, as I perfer the taste that glass gives soft drinks as aposed to tins/cans or plastic bottles.Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

samthe man wrote: »
    Right I wasn't to sure where to post this, but here seems good.:) Just wondering do any of you foodies no were one could get cidona in glass bottles, as I perfer the taste that glass gives soft drinks as aposed to tins/cans or plastic bottles.Cheers.

I wouldn't really class myself as a foodie but why don't you contact the Britvic directly and they can direct you to the nearest stockists. I would say its mainly sold in the pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mrsnicey

See if your local pub would order in a case of 24 284ml and just pay them the cost price + the VAT. I have ordered cases of wine etc in for customers and the rep's generally dont have a problem doing a cash sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 samthe man

thats for that guys/ girls:) might wander down to the local waterhole and see want they can do for me. It would be nice though to pop in to tesco (or any supermarket) and pick up a six pack of bottles, I mean you can do it with beer why not soft drinks!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Are you pouring it into a glass from the can?

This has come up a few times in the beer forum, bottles vs cans. One guy did a blind test with his mates pouring into glasses and few could spot the difference.

If drinking from the can you will have the exposed metal at the opening point, which can give the metallic sensation (cans are lined but bare at the broken points)

Advertisement