Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox live

Options
  • 28-09-2011 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

After buying a router costing E70 and membership E50, i have been told by my internet provider 02 that it is costing me E8.50 per hour, where can i go to get this sorted (I presume this is not normal)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Fixed line broadband, either ADSL or fibre? What type of Internet package are you getting from O2?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

gota upgrade/change ISP :(

Fixed line broadband is your friend if you can get it... if not wireless... and always use 3g/mobile as last resort i.e o2/3/meteor/imagine etc

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

The likes of O2, 3 and Meteor BB isnt really cut out for XBL, I suggest looking at fixed line broadband... apart from Wimax of course...

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭malascoile

cant get fixed line.. getting 15 gb per month payin E20 per month

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Xbox Live Wouldnt use that much, unless you were downloading like a mofo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

a lot of people are using mobile broadband threw the laptop to use xbl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

garv123 wrote: »
    a lot of people are using mobile broadband threw the laptop to use xbl

Bit harsh on the laptop isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

It's not too bad does the job

I'm on three myself... 30gb a month for 26 quid, its not that bad for xbl... once its not during congested times but I also can't get a fixed or wireless service... apart from a 3g technology... ah the joys of living in out in the middle of Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

UPC all the way :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

GET UPC

if you cant.....well.....your new router might send more data traffic then the normal o2 one....so.....they need to charge you more........it,d be rare..but i dont know much about o2,s setup.....so reasonably possible.

.....if you cant get UPC....cause you live outside the land of the gods (Dublin) .....look around for somthing similar...there are alot of low profile companies that,ll provide you with a better service then any mobile phone company...no matter where you are.....

• Advertisement

-=al=- wrote: »
    It's not too bad does the job

I'm on three myself... 30gb a month for 26 quid, its not that bad for xbl... once its not during congested times but I also can't get a fixed or wireless service... apart from a 3g technology... ah the joys of living in out in the middle of Dublin

Its pretty bad....when you compare your 30gb to UPC,s 500gb.......which is actually cheaper and ALOT! faster even with the basic 20mb (speed) connection

Bit harsh on the laptop isn't it?

NO....not at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

denballs wrote: »
    NO....not at all

Whoooosh. Over your head it goes.

Surprised no one caught it.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭malascoile

Vicxas wrote: »
    Xbox Live Wouldnt use that much, unless you were downloading like a mofo

whats a mofo???

So, you are saying that having dongle internet connected to laptop and the laptop connected to the xbox through an ethernet cable....is harsh on the pc,s resources....?

with an average laptop....1.9 duo....1gb ram.....(very very basic) i dont see it causing any issues.....

so, can you explain your opinion?

No, he's saying garv123 used the incorrect homophone.

threw the laptop: Propel (the laptop) with force through the air by a movement of the arm and hand.

through the laptop: Moving (the data) in one side and out of the other side of (an opening, channel, location, or the laptop).

Advertisement