Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATTENTION BATTLEFIELD 3 FANS!!!

Options
  • 28-09-2011 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭

176158.JPG

As you know, we've got an advertising deal with EA and this allows me a rather excellent chance, if you're not one of the lucky people to have beta access, to let you get some "hands on" time with Battlefield 3!

Next Friday, 7th of October, Electronic Arts and O'Leary PR are inviting you to an exclusive opportunity to come along and play Battlefield 3 between 3pm and 7pm at the Workmans Club on Wellington Quay. You're welcome to pop in at any stage but I'd advise you to go early as it'll be quieter and you'll get more time to play. ;)

176159.jpg

I'd also suggest that we organise groups if we can to all hit the place up at the same time and get some multi-player Boardsie action going :)

So please, if you're interested in attending, make a post to let us know so we'll have a better idea of numbers. There'll be refreshements served for the duration too, so you won't die of thirst!

I'll be down myself when I've done a respectable enough amount of work in the office cause I'm really looking forward to getting a lash at this game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭omerin

if the gob****es can get their beta in order first that will be a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Ha ha, this is gonna blow up in their faces!

Hope they've got enough beta keys!

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Sounds awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Will I have to bring my own keyboard & mouse? ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I was seriously waiting for a trolljob Dav :P

ATTENTION BATTLEFIELD 3 FANS!!!

I got a beta key. Muahahahaha

Nice one though, will see if I'm around to have a gander :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

OK, maybe I wasn't very clear, but they're not giving out Beta keys at this event, the game will be there to play and most likely on console cause that's easier (and EA have plenty of hardware for these sorts of events). You will not be going home with copies of the game or anything like that. For the record, I don't have a beta key myself, but I did ask about getting some for Boardsies. Unfortunately, the folks I deal with were unable to secure some for us and my understanding of it is the beta stuff is pretty strictly controlled and reserved for pre-orders and so on.

I'd also really appreciate it if we didn't have abuse here, it seems entirely unnecessary on a thread where I'm trying to give you an opportunity for a bit of fun that you may not otherwise get.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

The beta is open to all from tomorrow, you won't need a key to play it. People who pre-ordered or got keys with MOH only get access to it two days early.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

sink wrote: »
    The beta is open to all from tomorrow, you won't need a key to play it. People who pre-ordered or got keys with MOH only get access to it two days early.
    We were supposed to. Some of us, like plebs, preordered the limited edition back in August and were never sent the early access codes, despite twittering at @battlefield and emailing support.ea.com.

Some of us are very unimpressed by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

will this be a local LAN or just on the paris metro beta playing with the world,so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Sparks wrote: »
    We were supposed to. Some of us, like plebs, preordered the limited edition back in August and were never sent the early access codes, despite twittering at @battlefield and emailing support.ea.com.

Some of us are very unimpressed by that.

Someone could attend said event and made said displeasure known to the EA reps...preferably by beating them with one of those crappy consoles...;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

That sounds like fun. I'd love to go, be nice to put faces to the names of the people i play against from boards.

On a crappy console:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 83,331 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Aaaalways in Dublin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

not to rain on boards.ie parade, but beta is out like tomorrow. By the 7th of october i will get already sick of it.

Will it be anything more then beta offers?

if that even would be like on 7th of september, then there would be some proper interest in it, but now...

saying that, i would be more interested in this event so i could just have a few pints with boards.ie games lads, then play BF3 beta on console, which i can play on my pc and any console at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

not to rain on boards.ie parade, but beta is out like tomorrow. By the 7th of october i will get already sick of it.

Will it be anything more then beta offers?

if that even would be like on 7th of september, then there would be some proper interest in it, but now...

saying that, i would be more interested in this event so i could just have a few pints with boards.ie games lads, then play BF3 beta on console, which i can play on my pc and any console at home.

It's nothing to do with the beta it's the full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

NotorietyH wrote: »

defenetly full game? if its a full game, then rock on.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

If any bordsies go, you are under strict orders to get some footage of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

defenetly full game? if its a full game, then rock on.

Oh actually it might just be the beta, think I misread Dav's 2nd post!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Yeah, I'd definitely be up for going. Is this open to everybody, or invite only sort of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Dav wrote: »
    Dav said something about not being able to steal the games from the site but mentioned something about refreshments

Can you tell us how refreshing these refreshments are? Purely from a perspective of someone who likes to be refreshed of course and not someone who would like to take the refreshments away and refresh themselves at a later time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Find that hard to believe, anyway if it was i'd probably run into the place and steal it like a boss.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm interested...very interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Oh yeah. Sounds good. Even if it's the console version would be nice to get some hands on :)

Would love to drop in for an hour after work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Might drop in and get to grips with it, hopefully its the PS3 version

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Sounds like something to do in my lunch break/after work. I'll be there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

is it a 18+ event?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Is it the beta they'll have, or a different demo/map?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I got some updates.

It will be on PS3

It's not "the Beta" that is running, I'm told it'll be single player and co-op play. It'll be set up for local multiplayer too rather than online (so it won't be reliant on tubes or interfering with people's beta play).

The refreshements: well it's a bar, so bar based refreshments I'd say. There'll possibly be finger food too.

The event is not over 18s as it's finished before 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I did work experience with O'Leary PR back in 4th year. I was ecstatic firstly to find out that I was the only lad in the entire building ( :P ) and secondly to find out EA were one of their biggest clients.

Have to say these guys know how to stage an event, won't be going myself as I have the game on beta already and will be buying it regardless - but it'll be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭DermotOH

Dav wrote: »
    I got some updates.

It will be on PS3

It's not "the Beta" that is running, I'm told it'll be single player and co-op play. It'll be set up for local multiplayer too rather than online (so it won't be reliant on tubes or interfering with people's beta play).

The refreshements: well it's a bar, so bar based refreshments I'd say. There'll possibly be finger food too.

The event is not over 18s as it's finished before 9pm.

Damn was hoping to show off some of my skills but not with that controller I aint

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Yep they should really use PCs as its the lead platform :o Oh well still going to go :P

Advertisement