Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Port forwarding issue - Rukus/PS3

• 28-09-2011 6:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭

Hi gang.

bit of an issue here at the moment.
    Due to where I live I am using a Rukus Wireless booster to push out the signal through my home.

I am connecting into this wirelessly with the PS3.
    Going into the Rukus device I attempted to open the relevant ports for media sharing - however the device will not allow me to define port 80 - it is reserved so the device can communicate fully with the router.

Anyone got any suggestions on how I can stream media without being able to use port 80?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Ok seeing as you have no replies, i have a few questions :

Where do you keep you media that you need to share?

If its on a laptop/PC you should use Windows Media Player or TVersity.

Assuming these programs are not blocked by your laptop/PC firewall/antivirus then it should appear as a media server on your PS3.

I do not think that the type of wireless router you have will stop any of this, depending if it blocks upnp but we will cross that bridge later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Cheers.

Where do you keep you media that you need to share?
    Desktop, xp.

If its on a laptop/PC you should use Windows Media Player or TVersity.
    Tried both and the ps3 media one too.

Assuming these programs are not blocked by your laptop/PC firewall/antivirus then it should appear as a media server on your PS3.
    Intermittent, but then get invalid media server

I do not think that the type of wireless router you have will stop any of this, depending if it blocks upnp but we will cross that bridge later.
    UPNP is enabled on modem, will double check rukus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OK - so managed to get the PS3 to Nat 1 - don't ask it was a bit of a minefield.
    However since doing so my other devices are being kicked off the network when the PS3 is online - for example once I do a search for a media server the whole network is pulled over.

So I am going to step back a bit - define static IPs etc - and if I get NAT2 then happy days, if not will just have to settle for NAT3. Either way I think with the Zyxel and Rukus devices I will have to live with porting all on a USB stick.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Where did you get this Rukus router?

Sounds a bit strange alright that everything else was kicked off.

You sounds like you have as much knowledge as me on this subject :P

What model number is it on the Rukus router?

Advertisement