Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAT Question Eircom Zxyel Router

Options
  • 28-09-2011 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi, I have a CCTV recorder with a network function viewable through a browser.
    I have a static IP address from my ISP and I wish to be able to view my cameras over the internet. I have done this before sucessfully but maybe its the router is newer or something else, but I cant get it to work fully.

Its working on the LAN perfect through the 1528 port but when I try it from outside the LAN on the static WAN IP...nothing.

So it works on my LAN perfect at 192.168.1.3:1528
    but it will not work on my static WAN IP eg. xx.xx.xxx.xxx:1528

I went into the NAT settings and assigned port 1528 to the IP address of the CCTV but im not sure what else to do...IP passthrough im thinking. Not sure though.

Any help please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭swampgas

dazgib wrote: »
    Hi, I have a CCTV recorder with a network function viewable through a browser.
    I have a static IP address from my ISP and I wish to be able to view my cameras over the internet. I have done this before sucessfully but maybe its the router is newer or something else, but I cant get it to work fully.

Its working on the LAN perfect through the 1528 port but when I try it from outside the LAN on the static WAN IP...nothing.

So it works on my LAN perfect at 192.168.1.3:1528
    but it will not work on my static WAN IP eg. xx.xx.xxx.xxx:1528

I went into the NAT settings and assigned port 1528 to the IP address of the CCTV but im not sure what else to do...IP passthrough im thinking. Not sure though.

Any help please?

Sounds like you're doing it right.

You could try mapping the port to a laptop or desktop where you have Wireshark running (i.e instead of to the CCTV) to see if any packets are coming in when you connect externally. (Maybe ask a friend to test for you.)

You could also try mapping something like port 80 on the external IP to port 1528 internally, in case port 1528 is somehow getting blocked externally, although that sounds unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

have u reduced your firewall just to test it and then re-enable it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

You need to add a rule in the firewall as well.

From Any IP to 192.168.1.3

You will also need to set up a custom service with the port number 1528 and add that in the rule.

Advertisement