Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom not delivering on promise

Options
  • 28-09-2011 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I ordered an eircom broadband package off the web site and had an engineer call to the house on the 21 of sept to connect the line. I asked if the line was ok for broadband as that was my only reason for wanting a line in the first place and was assured that I would easily get a good connection as I am only a mile and a half from the exchange and the line was fine. Two day later I received an email stating that
    “Unfortunately we are unable to provide you with eircom broadband at your current address as your line fails to meet the required technical specifications"
    I called the 1901 number and after explaining my situation was told that the line would be retested in a few days and most likely there database just needed to be updated. A week later after no communication I called again. No test had been carried out.
    The woman I was speaking to was rude, aggressive and unhelpful. I told her that my next door neighbour could get broadband and that the engineer said I could and all she kept saying was that they do not have to guarantee broadband.

I’m posting here because given this woman’s attitude I have no faith in her doing anything to help resolve this situation and I have no intention of making the same phone call week after week. If I call again it will be to cancel my contract.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Khorne_Dogg

due to my job i have access to the eircom gateway site and would be able to test your line for you. IF you want me to check it for you pm me your number and i should have results back within 24 hours.

Otherwise wait for eircom :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kev1480

Just recieved a call from eircom telling me that my line has been tested and is fine and my broadband order in under way. Fingers crossed it'll be plain sailing from here on.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Kev1480 wrote: »
    Just recieved a call from eircom telling me that my line has been tested and is fine and my broadband order in under way. Fingers crossed it'll be plain sailing from here on.:)

Hi Kev1480,

Thanks for posting on the eircom Boards Forum.

If you PM your phone number or eircom Account number, I will be able to check if this order was put through for you.

Cheers,
    Ant

Advertisement