Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brooks adreanline or saucony progrid guide4

• 28-09-2011 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Can anyone shed some light on if there is any real difference between brooks adrenaline and saucony guide4. I have the adrenaline and they are great but was thinking of getting the progrid guide4 just for a change. Has anyone had both and which do you think are better. Thx....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 zinzan1

I've just bought a pair of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 11 shoes. I'm only wearing them for the last hour in the house but the arches feel very high, not too comfortable. Was wearing Mizuno up to now. Anyone else come across this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

zinzan1 wrote: »
    I've just bought a pair of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 11 shoes. I'm only wearing them for the last hour in the house but the arches feel very high, not too comfortable. Was wearing Mizuno up to now. Anyone else come across this?

Yeah, I made the same switch and it took me a couple of weeks to get used to the Brooks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

zinzan1 wrote: »

The Brooks have a high enough arch, have done through all their incarnations, as far as I can make out. These Adrenaline 11's are much lighter than previous versions, they have a new type of midsole. To my mind (I'm a prop-forward at the moment) they have sacrificed a lot of cushioning in favour of lightness, that'll suit some, but not me. Adrenaline 8's were my perfect shoe.

Thanks everyone, I quite like the brooks for their lightness and low cuff around the ankle but I'm still not sure about the high arches (the cushioning isn't a problem, I'm under 60kg - a long way from a prop forward!). I've been running in mizuno inspire 3(nearly perfect) and mizuno inspire 5(not as good), so maybe I'll give the mizuno inspire 7 another try before I commit to the brooks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Hi zinzan1, not sure if you saw my reply to you here re the difference between the two shoes.

The Mizuno is 3g lighter than the Brooks, both in or about 320g so little or no difference there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The 10's and 11's had high arches, I don't mind it really. I have had to retire my pair of 8's recently, as mentioned, a perfect shoe (for me anyway).

Hi Amphkingwest, yes I saw that reply and thank you, it's so difficult to get any clear comparative information about shoes. I tried on the Mizuno wi7 again today, the cuff around my ankle feels a bit high but I don't think that would be as much a problem as the high arch in the Brooks shoe. I think I'll go back and see if the shop will exchange my Brooks for the Mizuno pair.

Advertisement