Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it scar tissue..?? How to get rid of?

• 28-09-2011 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum (mods feel free to move to where ever you think appropriate).

I had minor surgery a while ago to drain some fluid from an abscess under the skin of my tummy, and although the puncture marks were very small, they have healed as small, hard lumps. They are tiny and not at all painfull, but still I'd rather get rid of them.

A friend of mine thinks this is scar tissue, and I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to help this go away, any creams or anything?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭kilco

I've heard bio oil is very good for scars or vitiman e cream!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Aloe vera gel is quite good too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Bio oil can reduce the appearance of scars but you can't get rid of them once you have them. I've heard massaging the scars can help soften the tissue and make it less noticeable if it is hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Rosehip oil is also very good in helping reduce the appearance of scars. Like said above it's highly unlikely that you will get rid of them altogether. If you do choose to use Rosehip or any other oil, you will have to keep at it to see any effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭car.kar

Yeah, I was worried that they would never fully go away. Like I said,they are tiny so it wouldn't bother me if it weren't for the fact that there are several of them - they look like teeny mosquito bites that are almost healed.

I actually have aloe vera gel - never thought of it. I've heard good things about bio oil also, I'll give it a go. Thanks for the replies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 wapo

The best thing's for reducing scar tissue are

1)Aloe vera
    Aloe Vera will help to normalize oil production, reduce inflammation which causes pain and heal wounds. B-vitamins, numerous minerals, several enzymes and plant sterols work together to give Aloe it's amazing skin-protecing qualities.

2)Rosehip Oil
    It's beneficial virtues are due to the oil's high content of polyunsaturated fatty essential acids and a derivative of retinol (vitamin A) which stimulates regeneration of the epidermis in the skin.

Hope This Helps!
    Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭NomadicMe

I had similar surgery and used to put coconut oil after morning shower and vitamin e oil after evening shower and my scars have faded over time- the surgery was 2 years ago and I wasn't very religious with the routine so I think it has taken longer but other friends have sworn theirs have (almost) disappeared.

Advertisement