Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chain noiser since chang to dry lube.

• 28-09-2011 8:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭

At the weekend just degreased the chain using a chain cleaning machine and it was spotless and dry before i applied the new dry lube for the first time.
    However today im noticing the chain chain has gone from whisper quiet , to hearing it very slightly , Has anyone else experienced this ?
    Its on a mountain bike, theres defo enough lube gone on im just wondering is this a common thing on the change over.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Which dry lube?. I switched to the finish line KryTech to try it out but switched back to the Dry Lube (Finish line red bottle) pretty quickly. Found the chain noisier after using the KryTech, maybe it was the way I was applying it. I find the DryLube great. It does wash off if you are out a lot in the rain but I can handle that trade off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭Gunth

The same thing happened to me. I changed from the wet to the dry and as a result my bike was noisier. It really annoyed me so I changed back to the wet lube. For drafting reasons you are better off to be as quiet as possible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

its the weldtite tf2 that i changed to , i will see how it goes and might change back , it was one a guy at the bike rental/repair stand at ballyhoura that reccomended the change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I only ever use wet lube as it's usually wet sooner or later... Don't really see a need to change (MTB or road bike)..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I switched from white lightening 'wet ride' to 'clean ride', there was a noticeable increase in noise. well with wet ride lube there was no noise. I spray a little acf-50 on the chain now too, its a light anti corrosive oil, doesnt make the chain attract any dirt either and takes away the noise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement