Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary Schools - Waterpark or Ballygunner

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭wagtail99

hardybuck wrote: »
    Outside of Brazil, I've yet to see a society where a multiculturalism seems to exist in harmony.

A bit off topic I know...
    There may not be much overt racism in Brazil, but you'll find very very few black people in the higher echelons of Brazilian industry/society. A friend of mine, in London, had some Brazilians visiting her organisation a few years back and when they were brought in to meet the CEO, a black man, they actually asked when was the CEO was arriving, they did not believe that a black man could be in that position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

wagtail99 wrote: »
    There may not be much overt racism in Brazil, but you'll find very very few black people in the higher echelons of Brazilian industry/society. A friend of mine, in London, had some Brazilians visiting her organisation a few years back and when they were brought in to meet the CEO, a black man, they actually asked when was the CEO was arriving, they did not believe that a black man could be in that position.
    Brazilians have some savage women fans in the world cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

hardybuck wrote: »
    I think a lot of the bad press is directed at the Roma community, but places like the UK and Italy in particular have experienced an explosion of crime when the increase in immigration from these two countries began.

In Italy they did have a spike in crime, but it wasn't because of migrants. In early 2007 (when Romania and Bulgaria joined) Italy had an amnesty in their prisons due to overcrowding. So there was a spike in crime due to scumbags being let loose on the streets, but Romanians got blamed for it (and don't get me started on the people who don't know the difference between Roma and Romanians, but I know you're not one :)).
    Here is a link. In Naples the mafia/comorra were happy for the blame to go on the migrants, so as not to attract too much attention to themselves, and they tried to stir it up. Also the govt preferred to blame migrants, rather than their stupid decision to allow scumbags out onto the streets.

Fairly ironic, because if there was ever an immigrant group tagged with crime it was Italians in the US. Oh, well.

As for the UK, I never heard before of a spike in crime associated with the increased migration following EU enlargement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

dayshah wrote: »
    As for the UK, I never heard before of a spike in crime associated with the increased migration following EU enlargement.

In the UK, convictions against EU citizens almost tripled in 2007 following EU enlargement. Polish were the worst offenders, followed by the Romanians in second. The Irish were actually in the top 5 also - but spiked by our large numbers I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

wagtail99 wrote: »

No doubt that the white population has control over a lot of wealth and education, partly due to historic factors though I understand, but it does not stop the African community in particular from being celebrated.

Check this show out when you get some free time, interesting watch. http://video.pbs.org/video/1906000944/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

My GF's nephew goes to waterpark, even though they live closer to ballygunner school. Her sister and her partner say they thought it better to send him to Waterpark as there is a significant portion of non-national pupils there. Though it would bring down the standard there.

It depends though on your views. Are you happy for your child to be mixing with foreigner's children?

Incredibly offensive abnd racist remark there, thank God 99% of kids these days are growing up with plenty of non-Irish in their classes and with a bit of luck that racist caveman talk will end with their generation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Our country has been invaded by foreigners for the past ten years or so.

Yet, this poster seems amazed that people voice their concerns.

As for their ethnic background, a passport may make you legally Irish. But their blood aint Irish. Thats for sure. Repatriation is the answer.

Is this a joke, seriously or is it some one trying to raise a reaction for the sake of it, a bit chilidish if so, unbelievable if not.

''Ireland for the Irish'', i have never heard such misguided, unintelligent verbal diarrohea in all my life. One rehetorical question; what about the millions of Irish in America, Canada, Oz, Britain and elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

seanybiker wrote: »
    Brazilians have some savage women fans in the world cup

Some savage women fans in the world cup have Brazilians.

Advertisement