Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice hotels in donegal?

Options
  • 28-09-2011 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

going to donegal with my boyfriend for our 7 year anniversary this wknd,
    any good hotel recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

Have a look at harveys point, just outside donegal town, I stayed here just a few weeks ago and it was mighty fine, the suites are what you after, though slightly at the upper end of things..........
    Check it out on tripadvisor....

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭bodyguard1

Depends on the budget at the higher end Solis Lock Eske Castle provides 5 Star Luxury however if you want good old traditional Irish hospitality Jackson's of Ballybofey is full of homely comforts. The Carlton hotel group have a beautiful place in Redcastle which if you go on their website probably have some great last minute offers available this time of year. Whichever property you choose you will benefit from the warm hospitality of the Donegal people and the beautiful scenery of Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

solis lough eske castle hotel and harveys point are right beside each other. even though solis is 5* (harveys 4) harveys has the bigger rooms(if you avoid the old courtyard rooms), and a view of the lake. (you cant see the lake from solis but it is accessable of the lands where you will have a nice view of harveys point:rolleyes: -seriously just wait for it one the solis homepage, it also has a pool and the fact that its a castle over hp)
    both though are a few miles out of town if ya are going for a trip to the pub and are at the upper end of things

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

An idea on your interests might help suggest a hotel in a suitable location? Eg. if you fancy going pubbing, then Harvey's Pt or Solis won't really suit.

Encore or SAS Radisson in Letterkenny might be worth looking at if you want bigger town night life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭swillybabe

Rathmullan house would be another choice, its right beside the beach. 4 star. Have a look at the reviews on trip advisor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭doyle61

Not a hotel I know but there's a pub/restaurant near rossnaulan called smugglers creek. Cracking pub and great food (was last time I was there anyway) and they have an inn/ guest house attached aswell. If my wife were greeting me to a getaway to Donegal ild love to be going there

Advertisement