Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Volunteering with Simon Dublin

• 28-09-2011 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭

I am considering applying to volunteer part time with Simon Dublin. However the job spec is as follows ...

"Ideally we are looking for people with a 3 rd level qualification in the field of
    social care, Min exp 1 year volunteering in the social care sector and/or currently
    employed in the social care sector, however this is not exclusive. "

I have absolutely no relevant qualification or experience, however my intentions are very genuine. Anyone know if there would be any point in me applying?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Of course you should apply. Don't let that put you off. It is not saying it is absolutely essential.

Good luck and well done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Ah to be honest, the application form put me off.

Does my company have a csr dept - yes, but for now at least, i'd very very much rather keep work and private life separate!

Am I a member of any sports clubs? - yes, but its up to me if I want to involve that in any fundraising ... As it happens, the club is in THE poorest part of dublin!

And, from looking at the application form ... I did very much get the impression that people from unrelated fields were neither wanted or needed.

So will keep doing what i'm doing for now. Giving bits and pieces here and there.

Can't do any harm at least!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭star gazer

Maybe you will have better luck elsewhere? depaul Ireland or Peter McVerry trust.
    The volunteer.ie website also has a lists of positions as will the volunteer centre in your area.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,550 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Some accounts of experiences here.

Advertisement