Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

120 ltr aquarium...

Options
  • 28-09-2011 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭

How many fish could a 120 ltr aquarium hold?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

1 goldfish or for a tropical setup you'd get quite a few in there but you have to do your research. It'd be too small for some fish, for others (e.g. neon tetras) you could have a load of them in a 120 litre tank.

I'd take a visit to a few fish shops and see what fish you like. Take notes of their breeds and then research on-line what kind of conditions they need, what other species you can keep with them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Exactly what Sleepy said, depends on what you want, and what's compatible!

I'm currently setting up a 120L for a pair of kribensis and maybe 10 or so tetras.

The best thing to do is go to a fish shop and have a look and see what you like. Be sure and just take note of what you like, then come home and research the fish. Nothing worse than buying fish that aren't compatible or will outgrow your tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I'm setting up an African Tanganyikan 120 litre tank in a few weeks. It's mainly going to be made up of shell dwellers and some Dwarf Cichlids.

African Cichlid tanks tend to do best when 'over stocked' with fish as this is how most of them live in the wild and it cuts out any aggressiveness.

They're very interesting fish and are prolific breeders. If its the direction you want to go give me a shout and ill help you out.

Advertisement