Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with PIN on Meteor phone

Options
  • 28-09-2011 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭

Just a small problem here..I entered the wrong pin too many times..so got the PUK code and entered that..However when I enter my New Pin it said code error so i cant get into the phone. I know the password for the website and I can send texts through that but so far I have been unable to get into the phone.. What can I do???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

sounds like you might be putting in the wrong PUK code (it appears to accept the PUK code then asks for the PIN, then throws an error).
    You can check the PUK code on MyMeteor (or the packaging you got with your SIM)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

No its not the PUK code I think...When I got the phone I changed the PIN..So after I entered the PUK code (I got it in the packaging) I entered the new PIN I put in..That didnt work..I also entered the pin that came with the phone but it still said code error...Would they be able to sort it out for me if I gave them a ring??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

The sim could be faulty. You can get a new sim with the same number for free if you go into a meteor shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    The sim could be faulty. You can get a new sim with the same number for free if you go into a meteor shop
    Will the numbers be lost then??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

yeah ring them up, they are open til mid night. http://www.meteor.ie/contact_us/

depending if you saved your numbers on your phone or your SIM, if you get a new SIM you may loose them.

• Advertisement

samhail wrote: »
    depending if you saved your numbers on your phone or your SIM, if you get a new SIM you may loose them.

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

closeline wrote: »
    Will the numbers be lost then??

Numbers can be copied from sim to sim. I thought most stores had this now as standard?

Davy wrote: »
    Numbers can be copied from sim to sim. I thought most stores had this now as standard?

The numbers can only be copied from a sim if you can access the sim and if he could access the sim we wouldn't be telling him to get a new one ;)

Advertisement