Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new house - no code

Options
  • 28-09-2011 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭

just looking for a bit of info from the experts

my cousin jus bought a house in donnecarney

has an alarm installed and seems to be in good nick

unfortunatley theres no arming code or engineers code available

the previous owner was an old woman and when she died the house was sold at auction

apparently she didnt use it too often

i jus want to know what the options are here

is the system useless without the arming code/engineer code

or can it be rescued/ reset?????????

its a hkc and i say it was installed in the last 5 years from the nick it is in

im starting a rewire om the house soon so it will be good to know what to do,

thanks in advance

stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Any engineer should be able to reset the system and set up a new code for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

cheers for the reply altor,

what sort of cost would you reckon be involved????

is it a master reset code for hkc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

In the region of €75 but ring around

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

evosteo wrote: »

As has been advised, shop around.
    Have you tried the standard factory default?
    Power down the system remove the mains & the battery.
    Remove the factory link LK1
    Power back up & see if the default codes work.
    If not its engineer locked & you will require an engineer to unlock it for you.

evosteo wrote: »

Your welcome evosteo,

You should expect to pay anything from €50 to €90 from a security company. If the system is engineer locked then get them to flash the system with the latest software for the system. There is no reset code as when the system is set up by the installer all default codes would of being changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

cheers for the reply lads

iv just started rewiring the house this week

the hkc secure wave panel looks like its was only installed/upgraded last year, 2010 written on the circuit board

however the wiring is looking a little dated and surface run all over the place, very messy

i figured out the user code 2222 by chance
    not the eng code however

i dont have loads of experience with alarms but i was gonna run new 8 core cables around the house while the house is gutted

gonna try keep as mush of the original contacts as possible

jus seems to be all contacts, inertia sensors, keypad, internal/external bell

no pirs

i was gonna connect all the accessories up and get somebody in to reflash the system and connect the panel up with the new cabling,

any thoughts?

cheers

stephen

If your getting the place done up and the cables are going to be covered over then re-cabling is a good idea to do now. 6 or 8 core cable is more than enough. Flashing of the Securewave can be done in some cases, in others it would need to be returned to HKC to do this. If there is no problems with the components off the system then I would use them too. They can be tested when all cabled up to see if there is any faults with them.

If you have any other problems, let us know.

Advertisement