Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Use of Sports Photographs on Facebook

• 28-09-2011 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering around you allowed use sports photos from say inpho or sportsfile...I see a load of people have pictures like this but is it actually illegal??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

*helmet on*

;)

You can of course..........., so long as you have agreement from Inpho or Sportsfile.

Anyhow i'm sure someone will be along shortly with a far more indepth knowledge of it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

No, not unless you've paid for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

closeline wrote: »
    Hi just wondering around you allowed use sports photos from say inpho or sportsfile...I see a load of people have pictures like this but is it actually illegal??

Not a hope unless you pay for usage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

You are not allowed but the reality is that people put the photos up all the time. I do sports stuff and regularly see my stuff on people's FB pages; hence the reason they are lower res and watermarked. Sportsfile and INPHO are also watermarked and lower res too so I fail to see them coming after people who have a photo as their profile pic. I've seen some sports players that they have taken photos of and their profile photo is clearly watermarked Sportsfile.

In light of the title of the thread I very much doubt anybody will pay for a watermarked low res image on their Facebook. In addition it is highly unlikely that Sportsfile or Inpho have the time or resources to track down people's FB pages for low res watermarked images.

Not saying it is right but being realistic this is the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

tororosso, thats what I am saying...I know a load of people that have pictures with the Sportfile writing over them..Is this actually illegal..If it is no one gets caught out for it. As you say there are so many people that have pictures like that that it would take to long to catch everyone out for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

tororosso, thats what I am saying...I know a load of people that have pictures with the Sportfile writing over them..Is this actually illegal..If it is no one gets caught out for it. As you say there are so many people that have pictures like that that it would take to long to catch everyone out for it.

Yeah Closeline, I reckon they could be done for it but the reality is that they won't be. The lesson is to put photos online with decent protection such as the low res and the adequate watermark.

Advertisement