Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: TNG confirmed for Bluray

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

theyre placing valueable special features on the 2parter set that wont be on the blu ray. its just a way to milk as much money out of us as possible and i find it a bit insulting given the amount of money trek fans have poured into the franchise over the years. they could have easily added the extra material into the main set

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I wonder if the must have done TBOBW pt.2 in house then, & left the rest of S4 to the outside company?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

theyre placing valueable special features on the 2parter set that wont be on the blu ray. its just a way to milk as much money out of us as possible and i find it a bit insulting given the amount of money trek fans have poured into the franchise over the years. they could have easily added the extra material into the main set

And then if they did that you (or someone else) would no doubt accuse them of insulting and ripping off those people who want to buy the two-parter who are not getting anything else that wasn't put into the standard set.

It's not a rip off. It's a choice. If you want TBOBW as a stand-alone movie then you can buy it as such with a couple of extras specifically about that two-parter. If you don't then you can just get it as part of the two standard sets.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    It's not a rip off. It's a choice.

But it clearly is exploiting the fact that if you want a complete set including all the extras, you have to buy both sets? Why not just include the same extras on both sets, because then you have a choice? Collectors though, will need to buy both

I'd suggest that such people - who can't not spend €20 on a blu-ray in order to get a small extra - would be a minority.

To paraphrase someone, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

• Advertisement

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I'd suggest that such people - who can't not spend €20 on a blu-ray in order to get a small extra - would be a minority.

I'd think otherwise, I think the only people who spend on Trek dvd's/blu rays are fans of the show. People who spend their money, particularly with Trek, will want the extras. This is a blatant way to extract another €20 out of such people.

I still maintain if Paramount wanted to give the end user 'choice', both sets would feature the same extras. We can probably expect 'filmised' versions of all the big two parters

EnterNow wrote: »
    I wonder if the must have done TBOBW pt.2 in house then, & left the rest of S4 to the outside company?

yes, Trekcore have confirmed that all two parters will be done inhouse by CBS to avoid any inconsistency in the look of each part

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

I'd love if the filmised versions included a (properly monitored) cropped 16:9 ratio as well as original. Would be a nice little addition.

Next Gen Season 3 blu ray up for pre order on amazon.co.uk - 77 pounds sterling!!!!! :eek: Thats over 20 pounds sterling more expensive than season one or two! I hope it comes down in price...

Also they have changed the artwork to a darker greek for the season pack.

Check out the Best of Both Worlds artwork:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Trek-Generation-Worlds-Blu-ray/dp/B00B5A1VY8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359329934&sr=8-1

Trekcore reporting that there will be a special trailer coming up soon for the Best of Both Worlds blu ray special...

But 77 pounds for the season set is completely over the top!

This time around Ireland/Uk get the sets a day before the states. Neat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

Next Gen Season 3 blu ray up for pre order on amazon.co.uk - 77 pounds sterling!!!!! :eek: Thats over 20 pounds sterling more expensive than season one or two! I hope it comes down in price...
    :eek: thats outrageous and on top of that we have to get Best of Both Worlds to get all the extras :mad:

• Advertisement

sky23 wrote: »
    :eek: thats outrageous and on top of that we have to get Best of Both Worlds to get all the extras :mad:

Yeah I know. I'm hoping the season set comes down in price to the level that season 1 & 2 were originally sold at.

I was thinking maybe amazon are beginning to jack up their prices now that the future of HMV is in doubt. If they close in the Uk, amazon will dominate the market & will be able to charge whatever they want (but that's for another thread)

Still though, I can't justify buying the third season at this price.

Best of Both Worlds Blu Ray Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYy8o4nXZEY

Shows just how good Season 3 is going to look!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Best of Both Worlds Blu Ray Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYy8o4nXZEY

Shows just how good Season 3 is going to look!!!!!! :D

That looks very good.

That looks very good.

Yeah it does.

Look at HD sfx shot from season 2:

http://mediacdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/430/7610/original.jpg

In comparison to the same shot done for season 3 HD:

http://mediacdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/430/7611/original.jpg

Season 3 FX wise, is everything Season 2 should have been.

I love the BEst of Both Worlds, but Q Who is a better episode in my book and it just wasnt given the right treatment.

Good news is Season 3 has dropped from the outrageous price of 77 pounds to 52!

http://tng.trekcore.com/bluray/02132013_bobwtrailerhd.html

TrekCore have an indepth analysis of shots from the S3 Bluray posted.

12 shots from the S3 BR on TrekCore.

It looks PHENOMENAL. So much new detail and clarity in live action footage. A big step up from the quality of live action footage from the first two seasons as they began using better cameras from S 3 onwards. I CANNOT WAIT!!

http://trekcore.com/blog/2013/03/exclusive-tng-remastered-season-3-blu-ray-hd-preview-stills/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Right. I've decided to take the plunge and get the first two seasons. So is amazon the best place for price?

And those dreaded audio issues......I know they were recalled but I read a review that somebody got sent one recently :eek:. Has anybody ordered them recently and be able to set my mind at ease? :)

Edit : Couldn't help myself. Ordered the first season. I hope I get the fixed version!

Kirby wrote: »
    Edit : Couldn't help myself. Ordered the first season. I hope I get the fixed version!

don't worry the bad discs were quickly replaced when they were made aware of it and even those who had already got the bad one got a replacement free of charge. so no worries

more lost footage on its way to future seasons of tng on blu ray! YES!!!

http://trekcore.com/blog/2013/04/more-deleted-scenes-coming-on-tng-blu-rays/

Plus, tng being released on blu in just a couple of weeks time. cant wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

About halfway through season one. Really enjoying it, even the questionable episodes. Ordered the second and third seasons.

I had never seen the one where the Ferengi give the Picard back the stargazer and their captain tries to take his revenge. Was nice to be able to experience a 25 year old episode as if it was new. :D

http://trekcore.com/blog/2013/04/review-star-trek-the-next-generation-season-3-blu-ray/

TrekCores review of S 3 is up. There are no words for how gorgeous it looks. A clear step up from the first two seasons, even the live action footage pops.

http://trekcore.com/blog/2013/04/tng-s4-blu-ray-trailer-arrives/

No where near as exciting as the Season 3 trailer, but still gets me looking forward to Season 4 blu ray coming out in July!! :D

look what i have

2zstxxg.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D

sky23 wrote: »
    look what i have

2zstxxg.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D

My season 3 set arrived on Tuesday. I personally didn't buy the standalone BOBW set. Pic & audio quality is phenomenal for a 25 year old show, they really pulled out all the stops on this.

Word on the street is that CBS Digital are now going to remaster seasons 5,6 and 7 in house.

I wonder why the change in plans?

I sincerely hope it's not due to the outsourced company's work on Season 4! :confused:

Season 4 will have never seen before deleted scenes for the following episodes, all in HD! Happy Days!:D

Best of Both Worlds Pt 2, Family, Brothers, Final Mission, The Wounded, Galaxy's Child, Qpid, The Host

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

All 4 seasons are only $39.99 each here in Melbourne. I don't have a Bluray player at the moment, but i think i'll still pick them up.

Is that a sale price or the RRP?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think it was the sale price, as they had a 25% off all Star Trek stuff.

• Advertisement

With only a month to go until TNG season 4 is out on blu ray, the fifth season trailer has been uploaded onto Trekcore.

http://trekcore.com/blog/2013/06/star-trek-the-next-generation-season-5-blu-ray-trailer-arrives/

Personally, I can't wait for Season 4, especially 'The Nth Degree'. That was always a S4 fave of mine :D

Good times to be a Trekkie!

Advertisement