Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: TNG confirmed for Bluray

12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

especially 'The Nth Degree'. That was always a S4 fave of mine :D

Great episode, pure Trek stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

http://trekcore.com/blog/2013/07/review-star-trek-the-next-generation-season-4-blu-ray/

4th season blu ray review is now available. It got 4 stars out of 5. Now, both seasons that have been remastered by an outsourced company (Seasons 2 &4) have received lower ratings in reviews than the two seasons completed in house by CBS digital (seasons 1&3). The good news is S4 is nowhere near the disaster S2 was, there are just a few minor issues here and there. Still, the lack of consistency is disappointing, but overall it looks great.

Are these region free? Looking at getting season 2...

Also, any word on DS9 getting the same treatment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Season 5 Blu-Ray is out today, I think.

Nate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Myrddin wrote: »

Yeah, the sets are region free. No word on DS9 being remastered in HD yet, but I highly doubt Paramount will leave DS9 and Voyager by the wayside.

I'd say news of DS9 being greenlit for release on Blu ray will come around sometime before or after the release of TNG's 7th season next year, so I'm guessing summer 2014.

Even if we do get news of DS9 being given the go ahead, it could be very late 2014, or early to mid 2015 before the 1st season is released.

Something to look forward to, anyways!

• Advertisement

Sweet, cheers for that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Myrddin wrote: »

I can't remember if I read it on here or found it on one of my many "DS9 Blu-Ray" google information searches but either way this will certainly interest you.

http://trekcore.com/blog/2013/05/deep-space-nine-in-high-definition-one-step-closer/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I can't remember if I read it on here or found it on one of my many "DS9 Blu-Ray" google information searches but either way this will certainly interest you.

http://trekcore.com/blog/2013/05/deep-space-nine-in-high-definition-one-step-closer/

That is pretty awesome. The HD model for the USS Honshu - hubba hubba.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I too am very interested in seeing DS9 in HD and like many didn't expect it to happen. But this tweet by CBS seems to imply that it is coming.

Tweet

I too am very interested in seeing DS9 in HD and like many didn't expect it to happen. But this tweet by CBS seems to imply that it is coming.

Tweet

:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Tweet

I don't think that's necessarily the case. I think they mean you'll see the DS9 station in HD in Birthright Part 1.

quad_red wrote: »
    I don't that's necessarily the case. I think they mean you'll see the DS9 station in HD in Birthright Part 1.

Well it says Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, rather than just DS9...so it definitely suggests the show rather than the station. Could be just poorly worded though, & good point too...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

First look implies more to come though. They'll definitely do it. And i'll definitely buy it tbh.

Where would be the cheapest place to buy TNG btw? Tempted to actually pick it up and watch it properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

If they need to recreate the station in Digital HD it might just encourage them to not put that model to waste and use it in remastering DS9.

Hopefully! :)

Seen this on Youtube, not official, but still...dat lighting :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Nice!

From curiousity - was that Galaxy Class anonymous in the original footage? I hope there was a name and designation for it..!

quad_red wrote: »
    I don't think that's necessarily the case. I think they mean you'll see the DS9 station in HD in Birthright Part 1.

Mmmm, good point. I only watched the whole series through again about four or five years ago. But to have it in HD would be too much to resist.

How have the impressions of TNG in HD been?

Well my patience finally paid off.

I got the Star Trek TNG Bluray series 1-6 for only €79 in total. I got it from a seller on eBay. I'm not sure what the catch is or how they could possibly be selling them at that low price. That is only €13 a series.

Now I just have to get series 7 and that alone is €80 in HMV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've been keeping an eye on the price for the full boxset on Amazon. It is £156 at the moment which isn't unreasonable but I think it was £120 earlier in the year.

The picture quality is very, very impressive. But man, Encounter at Farpoint is rough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I've been keeping an eye on the price for the full boxset on Amazon. It is £156 at the moment which isn't unreasonable but I think it was £120 earlier in the year.

Use camelcamelcamel to keep an eye on the price and get alerts when it hits a point you'd be willing to buy it at.

Many an item I've bought long after the desire to buy it has passed simply because the alert reminded me of it :p

Advertisement