Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap laptop needed

Options
  • 28-09-2011 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey i'm a recently unemployed engineer trying to become self employed. I'm trying to get off the ground and am wondering if anyone can point me in the direction to get a cheap work only laptop with MS office, project, adobe pro and CAD etc. Used condition would be seiously considered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Did you look at the Back to Enterprise Allowance with the welfare office.

They were providing grants for up to 1,000 Euro for something you need like a laptop. Dont know if they still do it but worth looking at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hirohito

hearny wrote: »

They were providing grants for up to 1,000 Euro for something you need like a laptop. Dont know if they still do it but worth looking at.

Thanks for the reply but unfortunatly I don't qualify, was working on a C2 for a company that supplied all my equiptment, there's still a chance I could get some work from them but all on price with my own kit.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

hearny wrote: »

You would need to be on JA or JB for a year or so first! :o

Hmm... what CAD package are we talking here? And what's the budget?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hirohito

I've only used MEP CAD 2010. Only use it for small bit of design, mounting brackets and the like and as-building construction drawings.

As regards budget! As cheap as possible, thinking about trying ebay for a refurbished 64bit machine.

Advertisement