Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intellectual property rights pertaining to events

Options
  • 28-09-2011 11:46pm

(That is the most grown up title I have ever used on boards - swear!)

Hi there.

I'm in a bit of a quandary at the moment. A guy I know has just asked me to help him get punters into his new pub. I have had no problem helping before (Not him personally - just to clarify), but to be blunt, I have been ripped off (the ideas), received no numeration and once received no acknowledgment (Which is much worse imo)

I say intellectual property rights as I don't know what else to call it. Basically I have original ideas for nights. One of my most recent was a Live Movie Quiz. (Combining live onstage action with a actors with a quiz that was traditional table quiz meets buzz meets a few original rounds)

So I put my thinking hat on and have a couple of original suggestions for this guy, but how do I tell him without him going, "Very interesting, I'll think about it" and next month he stages my ideas while I receive no credit or money for them?

Would it be ridiculous to get him (and his partners) to sign a contract before we talk stating that if the nights go ahead I'll run them and get paid x amount or that they can buy the idea without anymore involvement from me for x amount, but under no circumstance can they do my idea without compensation.

This guy is friendly and I'd say hello to him in the street, but he's not a friend.

Sorry if this seems a weird question, but I'm just sick of getting ripped off and would like a little bit of protection.

Cheers,

Pappa

Comments

Advertisement