Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mobile with dangles/charms

• 29-09-2011 6:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all!
    I'm looking for a new phone for the wife for an upcoming present.
    Her only stipulation is that it can accept phone charms!

She loves the feckin things! She must have about 15-20 on her current phone.

I have been looking around but very few websites (none) have the option to pick and choose phones based on a "dangly" option LoL.

She mainly used her current phone for texting and the odd call, but I can get her a smart phone if it has the dangly option.

Do you know any newer phones that you can hang the charms from?
    Can you get a skin cover for maybe a iPhone 3gs or something like that? :confused:

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The Nokia 5800 has a place for charms, you can see where here.
    It also has free ww GPS for life.

For a 3gs you can get this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swZPbWe2SBk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

Virtually all phones have a "lanyard loop", that you can thread a phone-charm through. In fact, I can think of only one "Magical and revolutionary" device that doesn't have this basic feature.

By the way, the reason it's there is so that you can hang the phone around your neck, which is a quite common way to carry a phone in parts of Asia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

KrisW wrote: »
    I can think of only one "Magical and revolutionary" device that doesn't have this basic feature.

Ahh but it's got an app so you can pretend you've a dangley thing. Just like it has a radio app so you can pretend you've a radio. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Ahh but it's got an app so you can pretend you've a dangley thing. Just like it has a radio app so you can pretend you've a radio. :)

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12 pernicitus

Thanks for the phone info, I will have to do more research into what "exactly" the wife wants from the phone as the selection seems slightly wider than I first thought.

I have also since found out that allot of the HTC phones have a "lanyard loop" (thanks KrisW) :p inside the cover! You have to take off the cover and feed it through the cover!

Hmmm It might be a while before I decide this one.... :confused:

Cheers all

• Advertisement
Advertisement