Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Butlers Factory Tour

Options
  • 29-09-2011 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭

what's this butler's chocolate factory tour like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Split from the NCD Breakfast thread.

tHB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Hair nets, whitecoats with lots of chocolate on show I expect followed by a visit to the gift shop.

http://www.butlerschocolates.com/pages/Butlers-Chocolate-Experience/Butlers-Chocolate-Experience.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

is that it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Unless your an engineering geek food factories are pretty boring, what more did you expect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

it was from another thread i wanted to know why someone wold come from another country to do a tour. like the guiness and jameson things is pretty cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

what's this butler's chocolate factory tour like?

It's quite good, they show a video for a few minutes - ask a few questions, hand around milk, dark and white chocolate to taste. You then walk along a corridor with windows overlooking the factory floor and get the info on all things chocolate and how they make it etc. You also see where they make the fudge and get to test that too. The you go into the 'Experience' room and get suited up in white coats and hair nets!. They show you up close and personal how they make filled chocolates and let you try some! They also tell you how they make chocolate santas/bunnies etc and let you try some! You then sit down at a table and decorate a single chocolate and a chocolate bear - you have a painting brush, white chocolate, chocolate sprinkles and shavings to create a masterpiece. They give you a presentation bag and ribbon to put wrap up the bear and kids get a certificate.

It costs €12.50 and you pretty much eat your admittance fee! :p It lasts between 1.5 and 2 hours. I'd go again! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

If it was like this:

I'd pay €12.50.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

datk wrote: »
    It's quite good, they show a video for a few minutes - ask a few questions, hand around milk, dark and white chocolate to taste. You then walk along a corridor with windows overlooking the factory floor and get the info on all things chocolate and how they make it etc. You also see where they make the fudge and get to test that too. The you go into the 'Experience' room and get suited up in white coats and hair nets!. They show you up close and personal how they make filled chocolates and let you try some! They also tell you how they make chocolate santas/bunnies etc and let you try some! You then sit down at a table and decorate a single chocolate and a chocolate bear - you have a painting brush, white chocolate, chocolate sprinkles and shavings to create a masterpiece. They give you a presentation bag and ribbon to put wrap up the bear and kids get a certificate.

It costs €12.50 and you pretty much eat your admittance fee! :p It lasts between 1.5 and 2 hours. I'd go again! :o

Yould you recommend it for a 5 year old ?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

sharkman wrote: »
    Yould you recommend it for a 5 year old ?

I think that's about as young as they recommend, I went in July with a six year old (since April) and she didn't get bored. It would depend on the child if he/she is a bit flighty then no but nothing dragged on to much, when they're watching the video the guide is asking questions and there's chocolate being past around. When you're looking down into the factory there's enough pointing out to be done and there are videos being played along way to distract, and then they're into the room to decorate the bear - so if the kid would sit down for half an hour painting at home they'd be fine.

Advertisement