Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immersion Heater Timer

Options
  • 29-09-2011 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi,

Anyone have any idea about how much it would cost to have an Immersion Heater timer installed and fitted?

Currently we just have the generic on/off switch, but it would be great to have the timer and just wondering about the cost

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

about 70 or so probably

it might go under consumer unit if there's nothing tapped off the circuit in hot press

you can also do something fancier with timing for bath and boost for sink locally(near hot press)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 craic90

thank you. the only part of your response i understood was €70 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Thinking of making a couple of 1 hour booster timers myself, electronic ones. Handy for the likes of water heating.

there was a nice setup on here a while back

The one on here with the pushbutton was it.

Yea somethin like that i might make up anyway for my own setup here. Probably be as cheap to buy, but would easily be able to change the time delay on the DIY one`s chip. Been asked a few times about just having a button to press that runs for an hour. Handy for setups that just have a mechanical clock, or no clock at all.

• Advertisement

Yes it was i think
    cant recall if it was capable of isolating the immersion properly like the economy7 models

It was just a pushbutton boost thing to run the immersion for an hour id say, with a relay in it doing the switching. Proper isolation would require the immersion switch itself, like a mechanical timer would id say.

The push button timers similar to the one here before can be made easy enough with micro controller chip with push buttons for start and stop controlling a relay. That type of 1 hour push button timer goes well with the mechanical clocks anyway.

Advertisement