Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New rim quality - should I be worried?

• 29-09-2011 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Just received a pair of Rigida DP18 rims in the post (singlespeed build). Had a quick look at them though, and there seems to be a bit of a gap at the seam joint. It's like this on both rims, only on thee hub side, the tube side is joined fine.

Have a look at the pics, and let me know what you think - should I send them back? Are they grand?

Cheers in advance,

Spud

IMAG0034.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

It's normal, Ive built wheels with them before. The gap disapears when built up, the spokes pull it together. More expensive rims are welded at the joint but the older rims are all like that. Theres also a piece of metal that runs along the inside and joins the gap together, when you spin the built up wheel in your hands you will notice the extra weight in that region

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭spdmrphy

Ah yeah, I remember seeing that metal yoke before thanks to a close encounter with a tree.

Grand so, cheers for the info!

Advertisement