Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timer for Gas Boiler - Replacement

Options
  • 29-09-2011 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi,

Looks like standalone timer for my gas boiler has died. No light on switch when it is turned to on and and boiler not kicking in even though there is power going to boiler (standy light is on). Its just one of the single gang analog swtiches with the pins for letting you set timer and turn on/off with a light that tells you if it is on.

Thinking of switching this to an digital one while i am at it - Wondering if anyone could tell me is this a straight forward job. Can someone tell me what wires go where - I havent looked at wires in back of timer yet but will do this evening.

Heading into electrical wholesalers soon to see prices on timers so will decide then which one to go for.

Thanks and any help appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

if you have an anologue timer there its prob a good idea to replace like for like, or stick to the analogue. the analogue are a bit easier to use and a bit cheaper
    for instance a flash 31100 analogue clock is about 29 euro, a sauter digital clock is 40 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Replacement is pretty straight forward, make note of the existing wiriing/connections, the new timer will come with wiring insructions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

aujopimur wrote: »
    Replacement is pretty straight forward, make note of the existing wiriing/connections, the new timer will come with wiring insructions.

Not always as straight forward as that when the new timer is different from the old one. Some might have volt free contacts etc while the new one may or may not, and that little difference can be confusing for the non sparks.

Advertisement