Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mental traffic this morning - any reason?

Options
  • 29-09-2011 11:17am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Coming in from the Chapelizod direction onto coyningham road and all down the Quays was absolutely mad this morning around 8.30-9.30.

I use this route a lot but it normally moves pretty well. I couldn't see any roadworks or anything.

I know the schools are back and that contributes but it's a beautiful day,
    it's not like there's extra cars on the road because of poor weather.

Know someone coming from the infirmary rd side from the North Circular and they were stuck there for ages also.

Was just wondering why there was such queues and mad traffic today all of a sudden.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭markpb

Traffic was mental around Dundrum/Ballinteer at 8.30 too but nothing seemed to be causing it, just heavier traffic than usual. Made cycling even better than usual :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

panama wrote: »
    Coming in from the Chapelizod direction onto coyningham road and all down the Quays was absolutely mad this morning around 8.30-9.30.

I use this route a lot but it normally moves pretty well. I couldn't see any roadworks or anything.

I know the schools are back and that contributes but it's a beautiful day,
    it's not like there's extra cars on the road because of poor weather.

Know someone coming from the infirmary rd side from the North Circular and they were stuck there for ages also.

Was just wondering why there was such queues and mad traffic today all of a sudden.

Something to do with Chesterfield Avenue being closed, has that happened yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

No, Phoenix Park work starts next Monday morning

It'll be even worse for you then OP

Advertisement