Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any bargain cellular blankets out there?

Options
  • 29-09-2011 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

^^ as above^^ i've bought a couple out of mothercare, pricey buggers. obviously i don't begrudge paying for quiality, but money is getting tight now tbh!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Smyth's had them buy 1, get 1 half price (were still that the last time I was there, but couldn't swear that they still are). This covered cot sheets etc too, so you could mix & match.

Otherwise maybe try Guinneys, Penneys, Heatons etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I got 4 in Guineys, white, just big enough to swaddle to about 3 months., €3.99 each. I am still using them as cot bed sheets a year later, they have washed really well....and are still white.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

god i feel useless.. WTF is a cellular blanket :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

The ones with the holes in them, rather than a quilt or a fleece etc. They're the only blanket you're supposed to use with the baby for the first while as far as I know. Think sleep bags etc are grand from 3 months on.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Izziwotnot-Cellular-Blanket-Cream-Moses/dp/B002OSBKM8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317320753&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

Dunnes have them for €8 each. Couldn't find them in Penneys or Heatons.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Guineys have lovely ones ,think I got 3 huge ones for a tenner there.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holidaygirl

I had the mothercare ones and also some nursey shops ones, the ones in guineys for a fraction of the price have lasted really well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭billlumbergh

brilliant; thanks so much for your replies, my mate is going to pick some up for me in Guineys, no guineys in galway for me i'm afraid. must have a closer look in dunnes though too!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Tesco do a 2 pack of big celular balnkets for €9.99 they are more than the ones in Guineys but they seem to be the same quality.

Advertisement