Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rottweiler attack

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

No such thing as bad dogs, just bad owners! :mad:

That said there are some breeds of dogs I would prefer not to have around children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

smash wrote: »
    Rottweilers by law must wear a muzzle in a public place. This isn't because they're cute nice tempered dogs.

Are you aware that one of the politicians that was very involved in pushing through the restricted dogs act brought his labrador to the local woods that's very populated by families and dog walkers and his labrador bit 2 people the very weekend after he got that legislation passed? Just goes to show what a mockery that legislation is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

smash wrote: »
    Rottweilers by law must wear a muzzle in a public place. This isn't because they're cute nice tempered dogs.

Rotty are just as nice dogs as any other dog ( nicer than most) but badly trained oilut of control rottys have more consequences than smaller dogs that's why they have to be muzzeled it's legislation for idiots

Btw the op shows why it's dog owners nit dogs that should be lisenced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

The OP is not asking a question about the Rottweiler breed in general, he's asking what to do about 2 specific dogs.

OP - It seriously sounds like you have inherited 2 of the dogs that used to live next door to me, either that or they have similar owners!

Absolutely report it to both the dog warden and the Gardai, people like this do no-one any favours, be that you, the general public at large, or responsible owners of Restricted breeds.

MCMLXXV wrote: »

That said there are some breeds of dogs I would prefer not to have around children.

What John said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

MCMLXXV wrote: »

Are you referring to Rottweilers when you say this? If so, you should really do your research a little better as Rottweilers are actually really good with children.

andreac wrote: »
    Are you referring to Rottweilers when you say this? If so, you should really do your research a little better as Rottweilers are actually really good with children.

he didn't say that

our neighbours kid is funny with my rottie he gives him a bit of whatever hes eating (rusks mud etc) and then whjen he shoves his hand in the dogs mouth he laught at the adults going white (my fella is 13 and well tested)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 willie joe

Well I went and confronted the owner and he has said he does not want the 2nd dog about at all. He is keeping it for his daughter while she is overseas. He was very sorry about the incident and has given me his word that the 2nd dog is going away and he will have muzzles on them aswell. I have informed him that I will be monitoring the situation and will be on his back if I see them roaming again. I have also informed all of my neighbours about the incident.
    A big thank you to all for all your posts. I hope I dont have to post about this again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Thats cool a happy result for all.

Advertisement