Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Editing a film reel without separate tracks?

Options
  • 29-09-2011 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi there, this is probably going to seem like a very stupid question but I don't have any AV experience so I will risk sounding like an idiot!! I have The Quiet Man movie on 16mm film reels. The movie is complete with sound, score etc. However what I need is a version of the movie with certain parts of the score edited out. This is because I am planning to (hopefully) have a screening of the movie where an orchestra will provide these parts that are edited out. The thing is I don't have separate tracks for the score, dialogue or sound effects so I'm wondering if it's possible to do what I need and can anybody recommend anywhere that would provide those services. Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

I think you might be out of luck there. Even with a digital copy the score is already compiled with the dialogue and Im almost certain theres no real way to seperate them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Contact the film's distributors maybe.

Advertisement