Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transport from Clonsilla to Sandyford industrial estate.

Options
  • 29-09-2011 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Does anyone know the best was to get from Clonsilla to Sandyford industrial estate? I have to do some work there next week and will need to use public transport as I've been told there's nowhere to park except for street paid parking. Does anyone know how I can get out there for 9 / 9:30?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭iMADEtheBBC

Your only option is to take a bus into town and then walk to the Luas on St.Stephen's Green which will then take you into Sandyford in about 25 minutes.

I tried switching to public transport multiple times and every time the issues is getting into town. Unless you leave very very early you'll not make it to the Luas on time to get into work for 9-9:30

Your other option is to take the Maynooth line train to Connolly and then walk across town to the Luas on St. Stephen's Green. I had to do this in the snow when I was needed in work but couldn't take a chance on using my car.

Driving on the M50 takes about 25-30 minutes but ensure you plan to arrive by 8:30 as the exit ramp from the M50 into Leopardstown/Sandyford is usually backed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭KazDub

Thanks for that. Think I'm going to have to taxi it, but even then I'll be stuck in traffic going by what you've said. Would leaving by taxi at 8 get me there in time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

you have a number of options:

- train to blackrock, 114 bus to sandyford

- train to drumcondra take the 11 to sandyford

- train to tara street and around the corner to dolier street to get the 11

- 39a to dolier street then get the 47 or 11 at the stops just after the trinity front end

- 39a to kildare street, walk to luas on stephens green

so you have a few options there....... the timings might not be in your favour though

Thanks thomasj, that opens up my options quite a bit. Do you know what kind of bus journey times are involed from Clonsilla into town and then the ones out to Sandyford?
    I haven't ever got the bus to town in the morning, only the train. The last time I bussed it, it would have been a few years ago for an evening out and I seem to remember that it took over an hour. It seemed to do laps of the shopping centre and then visit every housing estate along the way. I can't remember which bus route number it was though, certainly a 39 'something' though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

KazDub wrote: »
    Thanks thomasj, that opens up my options quite a bit. Do you know what kind of bus journey times are involed from Clonsilla into town and then the ones out to Sandyford?
    I haven't ever got the bus to town in the morning, only the train. The last time I bussed it, it would have been a few years ago for an evening out and I seem to remember that it took over an hour. It seemed to do laps of the shopping centre and then visit every housing estate along the way. I can't remember which bus route number it was though, certainly a 39 'something' though.

well there are two bus routes, the 39 and 39a. the 39 is the bus route that goes through clonsilla village, hartstown, huntstown, the shopping centre and then coolmine, clonsilla road and blanchardstown village

the 39a goes down the ongar bypass, hartstown, huntstown, the shopping centre and then down to the bypass. it cuts out 15-20 minutes but you might get stuck in traffic oon the cabra road or quays

what i would suggest you do is take tue train to blackrock. or train to connolly/pearse and dart to blackrock. there is a 114 bus that would tale 15-20 minutes to get to sandyford. there is a 114 that leaves blackrock dart station at 08.30 and that will get you there for before 9. the next one is at 9.10 but youd be cutting it fine if there is traffic you might not even make it before 9.30

• Advertisement

That is such a huge help, thanks for taking time out to give me all that information.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Not sure if it is any good to you but i drive to Carrickmines for 8:15. I could drop you at the luas stop there and it is only one stop to sandyford from there.

If it is only for a few days i would have no problem giving you a lift.

PM me if it suits.

Shane

Wow, that's a really kind offer. Thank you very much indeed. I think I've worked out what I'm going to do though, train to Pearse, walk to Stephen's green and Luas it from there. It's only two days, so it won't kill me.
    Thanks again though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

No problem.

Shane

Advertisement