Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demolition costs

Options
  • 29-09-2011 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

Anyone get a price recently enough for demolition? I'm looking for a very approximate guide for a 20sq m single storey cavity blockwork extension to a detached house with a 1.1m passage way (ie not impossible to access but difficult enough).

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭enol

I got a 750sq ft cottage demolished recently, not exactly the same job as yours but tricky enough for other reasons, I paid €1800 cash to one man & his mini digger. I'd imagine of you have a side entrance it'll make a big difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭janmc

Did that include disposal of the materials? It's not as high as I'd have expected but very good to know, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭enol

Not really, most materials were put aside for re-use (stone),broken down or burned (rotten timbers/lining/thatch roof). Any concrete or rubble was used for filling in other places on site. Kinda glad it's in the middle of no-where, I have no idea what skip hire/disposal would have been for all the material that came out it! :eek: I can PM you the details of my demolition lad, he's on the Dublin side of Cavan but does work anywhere within reasonable driving distance as far as I know.

Advertisement