Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare Harvest Banquet Sat 1st October, Auburn Lodge 8pm

• 29-09-2011 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine organises this, it is the 4th year of the banquet (previous 3 were in Falls Hotel) and first year in Ennis.

All food and wines from local Clare farmers, fishermen, growers etc. Great night out, you won't taste food like this too often.

Proceeds go to a good cause too. Tickets still available from Custy's Music Shop and Auburn Lodge Hotel.

Link http://www.clareharvestbanquet.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Thanks Buck65! I have heard fantastic things about this event in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

50euro is a bit steep for a buffet and glass of wine. novel idea but not worth it in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Radiosurfer

The money all goes to a charity doing fantastic work in Mongolia. The food was amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

It looked like a good event. Too bad the only place I heard about it was here, on the day of the event. Not enough time to book a sitter and arrange transportation.

Then again, €50 a head is a bit steep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

50euro is a bit steep for a buffet and glass of wine. novel idea but not worth it in my eyes.

Personally I had 3 or 4 glasses of wine as had everyone at my table. After 4 successful years being sold out for the most part it surely is beyond the "novel idea" stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

The deprived people, especially children, of Mongolia deserve every chance that anyone can give them. No argument there.

But is a rake of people with Euro 50 to give to charity, giving it in exchange for stuffing their faces with five courses of really good food and some wine in a county, let alone a country, where old people will struggle to keep themselves warm throughout the winter, the way to go?

Just asking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

buck65 wrote: »
    Personally I had 3 or 4 glasses of wine as had everyone at my table. After 4 successful years being sold out for the most part it surely is beyond the "novel idea" stage?

It did say on the site "and a glass of wine". a Buffet is steep at €50.
    I do agree with the above poster about charity in Co. Clare also. I support the Clare Crusaders when they have events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Balagan wrote: »
    The deprived people, especially children, of Mongolia deserve every chance that anyone can give them. No argument there.

But is a rake of people with Euro 50 to give to charity, giving it in exchange for stuffing their faces with five courses of really good food and some wine in a county, let alone a country, where old people will struggle to keep themselves warm throughout the winter, the way to go?

Just asking.

Heh, I asked the same question to a politician in Tipperary once about the Tipperary Water scheme that donated one bottle for every five sold to Africa. I asked if they would send one bottle to Clare as at the time we had been on a six month boil notice.

Charity starts at home. Shouldn't those who have €100+ to blow on a meal be feeding the poor in Clare before we start shipping off our dosh to Mongolia?

Advertisement