Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best gym?

Options
  • 29-09-2011 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

What do you think - which gym in D15 is the best? I am very interested in different opinions and comments.

Thank you in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

What are looking for with your money, in a gym?
    Free/fixed weights, pool & spa, cardio exercise machines, etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Eola

Yes ongarite, all of that plus good classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

Westpoint has all the above but is pretty basic and can get pretty full at peak times on Monday, Tuesday. The big plus is it is very cheap.

Westmanstown is close by also. Its a better spec'd gym with more equipment but costs more, around €600/year.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭StrawDub

I am in Crunch in westmanstown, very good set up I have to say.

There are lots of classes spinning, yoga etc - the timetable is on their website.

There is also tennis courts, bowl court and swimming pool.

Along with the a sports hall you can use, free weights area (no mirrors though which isn't great when doing compound lifts to check you form) and lots of machines.

It doesn't get very crowded at all also.

I would recommended it, not sure how much the membership is though for a number Joe soap- my mate got me a discount 450 is what I paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭fptosca

I've been going to the NAC for a few years and I'm happy with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭stevekavo

Westpoint is cheap but way to crowded even on a sat morning.Westmanstown is good but expensive.In my opinion the NAC is better plus you have the olympic pool (the only drawback with the NAC is the size of the free weights area).

Advertisement